German CO:HttR Review

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Vasquez

German CO:HttR Review

Post by Vasquez »

ZoomBoy27

RE: German CO:HttR Review

Post by ZoomBoy27 »

Google Translate of review concludes:
Conclusion:
An intense epic strategy game that, with its gameplay and artificial intelligence is still without equal. For the low price of the add-on `s almost a must. Owner of "Highway to the Reich" from 2003, by contrast, find little new. Except for a gigantic new card and of course the fact that the add-on now uses the latest generation of engine Panther Games, relatively little of note.

Graphics & Sound 7/10
Unspectacular but effective graphics cards, and scenarios, where you can see at a glance all the important site details. Varied little background noise. Although everything meets its purpose, but Panther Games here may like to share with the next release something more artistic ambition.

Control and interface 7/10
You notice it in the game, of course, that the interface is actually ten years old. The menu and button bar contains numerous buttons and falls of riders and also in view of the high resolutions of today is too small. For hard-core wargamers no obstacle, and even novice users are likely to come her way here after a short training. In contrast to the interface of "War in the East," the game of Panthers games easy to use as an I-Pad app. However, the interface would also have to rework something be done. Wide screen is supported.

Atmosphere of 10/10
There are a few strategy games Wargamesgenre that approach in terms of atmosphere on this series. It trembles with each attack and each defense of a bridge, a road junction or a piece of wood becomes a test of nerves. Rarely were fleeing tactical signs such as abused and enchanted in this series.

Perimeter game 9.5 / 10
A good dozen scenarios, playable on both sides with numerous adjustment possibilities as well as multiplayer. For an add-on in this price range, there is nothing to complain about. Less than in the original scenario, but still with a huge replay value. No battle is as the others.

Artificial Intelligence 10/10
Granted. AI is still AI goes and never to approach a human opponent. But here the full score is almost an understatement. The AI ​​knows what she usually does change its strategy and is in many respects a formidable adversary. The more surprising when one considers that this is a real-time game.

Rating: 87%
RangerX3X

Post by RangerX3X »

For what it is worth, I held out for almost a year on COBFTB to get the Christmas pricing because I thought Matrix was smoking crack with what they were asking for it. After I bought it and played it, I realize I was wrong and wish I had bought it months earlier (even at the higher price). With the new expansion pack that pays respectful homage to the venerable Highway to the Reich, this is one slick package overall and worth every penny.

And that comes from someone who plays Madden and Battlefield on a regular basis...

[&o]
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Hey I play Battlefield too! [:)]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: weddingdresses

Thanks for sharing with us your wisdom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classic Dresses|Classic Bridesmaid Dresses|Trumpet Wedding Dresses|New Style Flower Girl Dresses
Marketing wedding dresses on a wargame message board... I wish I would have thought of that.
simovitch

nicwb

Post by nicwb »

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think that [:)]

Return to “Command Ops Series”