Do you upgrade your captured equipment?

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Hanal

Do you upgrade your captured equipment?

Post by Hanal »

Just a curious question as I wondered if players generally keep their captured units as is or upgrade. I have a captured Char B (actually not a bad tank), and like the idea of seeing how far I can take it through the campaign. I'm in the 41 Greek battles and I'm letting it lead the way! So, does your army have a "mascot"?
James Ward

RE: Do you upgrade your captured equipment?

Post by James Ward »

I usually use captured equipment as a prestiege reserve.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

I tend to upgrade them when the German counterpiece is better, just changed my KV2 to a PzIVg.

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
IndyShark

Post by IndyShark »

I use them until they become too weak and upgrade them to save the earned experience
mr_clark

Post by mr_clark »

I upgrade medium Tanks (like the couple of T-34s you get later) and the French ones.
Though I kept the three KV Variants I got for the improved defensive values. My plan is, that these units will be the first (only?) to be upgraded to Tigers when they become available.
The couple of M4s I got out of the Land Lease Depots weren't upgraded for lack of funds and the last one died in Stalingrad.

As James Ward is mentioning prestige reserve. Is it possible to 'sell' the units? The manual isn't a help here and that's what I would have loved to do with the puny M4s...
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

ORIGINAL: mr_clark

As James Ward is mentioning prestige reserve. Is it possible to 'sell' the units? The manual isn't a help here and that's what I would have loved to do with the puny M4s...

Highlight the unit and press the D key in the deployment phase to sell a unit. You get full presitge back for it. This only works in the deployment phase. If you disband during the scenario you don't get anything back.
mr_clark

Post by mr_clark »

Ahh, thanks James!

I tried DEL but that didn't work... Well now I just need to wait for the '43 Campaign :D

Return to “Panzer Corps”