Late Game Shenanigans

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

michael1776

Late Game Shenanigans

Post by michael1776 »

I actually just finished the campaign for the first time over the weekend. I know that's crazy, but when you work 70 hours a week, you find that you only have 15 minutes on a Saturday night to play a war game. Well I haven't seen too many posts about this so I thought I would comment. Am I the only one that found the late game missions a little broken - for lack of a better term? I have no problem with the alternate history missions, though, to be honest I didn't get to play many of them. I was only able to fight the Allies to a draw that ended at the doorstep of Berlin itself. My main issue was the fact that the late game seems to be centered around building as many Tiger 2 tanks as you can, to deal with the overwhelming spamming of JS2's and Pershings that get thrown at you. For me it made the last few missions a real bore as it was just a grind to get through the gamey AI heavy tank spamming. Might be worth looking into a limit on the amount of super heavy tanks that can be produced, for both the AI and what the player can add to his core forces.

Just a thought.

MJ
Current Games:
Gary Grigsby's War Between the States
Panzer Corps
Battle Academy
Forge of Freedom
Max 86

RE: Late Game Shenanigans

Post by Max 86 »

I think it has been discussed before when the game first came out but not sure if there was any resolution. I agree though, no more than 2-4 of those unit types should be allowed in any scenario.
No problem Chief!
KerenskyLI

Post by KerenskyLI »

Yes, this was a common concern brought up about the stock campaign, primarily the Bagration, Balaton, and Germany scenarios.

If you are interested in more content, I highly recommend the DLC campaigns for this very reason. The AI has been configured to use a MUCH wider array of equipment(not just spam the best), and it tries to use them more effectively too.

For example this screenshot of the upcoming DLC 1943 shows a good equipment variety:
http://www.slitherine.com/screenshots/o ... 537858.jpg

As does this one of DLC 1942, where we see various T-34s, one KV1, a T70, plus lots of other equipment.
http://www.slitherine.com/screenshots/o ... 537645.jpg
brucesim2003

Post by brucesim2003 »

The AI should actually use more infantry....as it is it is too tank/vehicle heavy.

Cheers

Bruce
Rood

Post by Rood »

ORIGINAL: brucesim2003

The AI should actually use more infantry....as it is it is too tank/vehicle heavy.

Cheers

Bruce

infantry?....this is panzer corps!

Sorry couldn't resist [:D].

PS Stalingrad had amazing amounts of infantry.

Return to “Panzer Corps”