Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

How do I add an Avatar to my posts? Every time I try and upload one I'm told that the size is too large....Any thoughts? Thanks.
parusski

RE: Avatar question

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: smokindave34

How do I add an Avatar to my posts? Every time I try and upload one I'm told that the size is too large....Any thoughts? Thanks.

Open the image with windows paint and resize to fit the Matrix limit. I forgot the size limit, someone else tell us.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

Thanks Parusski - I think I've got it now...
smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

2nd try....
smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

Now I'm getting frustrated......
smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

And again......
Orm

Post by Orm »

I belive there has been some issue with new avatars previously. There certainly has been other threads on this subject.

I am sorry I can't help you out.[:(]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

OK - I give up, I was able to finally get the image accepted but how do I get it to show up?????
smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

Yes - it finally worked. Only took about 10 tries - thanks for your help.
parusski

Post by parusski »

See, like I said, it takes about a dozen tries. [:D]
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

ORIGINAL: parusski

See, like I said, it takes about a dozen tries. [:D]
[:D]
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Jeez... I'm trying to change my avatar and getting the same run around (finally got my profile pic updated), Avata us at 145 x 145 and of modest size (under 100K), but no luck with it :(

Trying to upload several different versions to this message to see if that is working. BTW... got my hair cut short for the first time in about 35 years... how do you like it? [:)]

Attachments
RGBMatrixAvatar2.jpg
RGBMatrixAvatar2.jpg (23.48 KiB) Viewed 174 times
RGBShort..tarSize.jpg
RGBShort..tarSize.jpg (31.1 KiB) Viewed 174 times
RGBShortHairsmall.jpg
RGBShortHairsmall.jpg (56.13 KiB) Viewed 174 times
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Jeez... I'm trying to change my avatar and getting the same run around (finally got my profile pic updated), Avata us at 145 x 145 and of modest size (under 100K), but no luck with it :(

Trying to upload several different versions to this message to see if that is working. BTW... got my hair cut short for the first time in about 35 years... how do you like it? [:)]

Well how long was it before????
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

I like it. Actually over the years I always thought I preferred long hair. As could be expected, both my wife and daughter decided to ignore me. My wife went to short hair, my daughter to what I call medium length (Like yours).

Don't be confused, just stay with the I like it comment.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: parusski

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Well how long was it before????

This Long:

Attachments
Rhondalynn..ckweb.jpg
Rhondalynn..ckweb.jpg (35.47 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Tried it again...

And once again got this message:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following:
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
Open the www.matrixgames.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

I like it. Actually over the years I always thought I preferred long hair. As could be expected, both my wife and daughter decided to ignore me. My wife went to short hair, my daughter to what I call medium length (Like yours).

Warspite1

Agree - long hair always looks best - especially on a girl.

Sadly Mrs W - who had long thick dark hair when we got together - is now of the age where she thinks she should grow old gracefully and have it shorter. It is now shoulder length, but alas I fear it will soon be shorter still [:(] She is right of course and I am guessing that is why you have cut yours Rhondabrwn???

Right or not, there is nothing for it - its time to trade in for a newer, younger, longer haired model [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

Warspite1

Agree - long hair always looks best - especially on a girl.

Sadly Mrs W - who had long thick dark hair when we got together - is now of the age where she thinks she should grow old gracefully and have it shorter. It is now shoulder length, but alas I fear it will soon be shorter still [:(] She is right of course and I am guessing that is why you have cut yours Rhondabrwn???

Right or not, there is nothing for it - its time to trade in for a newer, younger, longer haired model [:)]

I'm going to let it grow out again at least 3 inches... she took too much off. Had to get it cut though, in six years on the Rez it hadn't been cut professionally in at least 5 years and it was just a mess of split ends and broken strands. Time to start over :)

I am going much lighter next time, what do you guys think about getting back to the Summer Blonde look of the long hair picture I posted? Or do you like my current shade?

I can't believe we're having this conversation on a wargame forum! Desperate times indeed LOL
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

Orm

Post by Orm »

Both shades looks nice but if I must pick one it would be the summer blonde shade. But I am not sure I prefer that because of the hair shade or because of the nice background view in the picture.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Orm

Both shades looks nice but if I must pick one it would be the summer blonde shade.
Warspite1

+1
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815

Return to “General Discussion”