small map blues

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Javolenus

small map blues

Post by Javolenus »

How can I fix it so that the AI doesn't overrun me on small maps too quickly?
Tac2i

RE: small map blues

Post by Tac2i »

Practice, practice, practice... in other words more battle experience. I don't normally play on small maps but in most cases one should be able to defeat up to at least three AI even if all are at war with you. You may have to play defensive for awhile before you switch over to the offensive.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Use water maps.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Calliope

Post by Calliope »

Beating AI++ in 100%land small map isn't hard to do, especially in 2.10 that you can use jeep.[8|]

The most important thing is the beginning. Build Factories or produce troops is difficult to balance. Actually it is also determined by many factors, such as in which turn AI declare war, the distance between your town and frontline, the landscape of frontline...

Well plan and practise more that leads to success.

Calliope
Javolenus

Post by Javolenus »

Many thanks for the replies. I have played more now and I am getting better. Good game. I like it very much.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”