Scenario Editor Icons

Based on Atomic Games’ award-winning Close Combat series, Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein brings together the classic top-down tactical gameplay from the original series and plenty of new features, expansions, and improvements! The Wacht am Rhein remake comes with a brand new Grand Campaign including a new strategic map with 64 gorgeous hand-drawn tactical maps, over 70 scenarios, tons of new interface and unit graphics, countless engine improvements, and much more!
Platoon_Michael

Scenario Editor Icons

Post by Platoon_Michael »

Hello,
How does one get their new BG Icon to show up on the Scenario editor?
I added it to the uniticons.bmp but don't see it ingame.(you can see it here at the end)
Im expanding the BG by 1

I have the new BG in the bgroups
added to the FP the FP
Added the strat map icon
Added the Bg Name graphic
Added the BG Patch
Sound file
names file

And what do you save the uniticon at?
32bit

Then choose Windows or OS/2?

thanks

Attachments
uniticons.jpg
uniticons.jpg (145.27 KiB) Viewed 206 times
Platoon_Michael

RE: Scenario Editor Icons

Of all the STUPID things one could do how could he not know to change the bgroups total to 55 and the fpools total to 55?[:D]

Attachments
UO0012.jpg
UO0012.jpg (175.35 KiB) Viewed 204 times
Platoon_Michael

Looks like all is well so far

Attachments
UO0013.jpg
UO0013.jpg (118.36 KiB) Viewed 203 times
Platoon_Michael

The only thing that stinks is that it appears to me there is no way to prevent the British BG from being called an "American Armored Battlegroup" when viewing the BattleGroup screen.(very top center of screen)
This would be the Type of BG one enters on the bgroups page of the workbook.

The file in the ScrnGadg is BGBATTLEGROUPTYPE_002

Unless you guys know something I don't in order to be able to expand and assign those files?
Currently there are 12 files.BGBATTLEGROUPTYPE_000 through BGBATTLEGROUPTYPE_011
Manu

Post by Manu »

I don't know if it is the first time it is done but the display of the medals on the board is an outstanding idea. Well done! Maybe the same can be done with the ranks.
Platoon_Michael

It is not the first time it has been done.
TT did this for his Vet Mod for CCIV I just followed suit with the idea while importing his Mod into WaR.

I now need to add the British medals seeing as how I just added that nation to the Mod.
Hopefully it will fit and still look pretty good.

As for the Ranks I don't see that happening,just not enough room.
There is this someone created though.

Rank Guide

Edit:
Now with the British Medals

Attachments
soldierscreen.jpg
soldierscreen.jpg (215.53 KiB) Viewed 203 times
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Looks good with all the medals Platoon_Michael!!!
Platoon_Michael

Thanks Tejszd,
Check your PM box.
heckler

Post by heckler »

Hey all! First off, I love the level of information here on the forums! Very helpful.

N00b question-I have managed to add a battlegroup, up the population to 55, and with paint make it viewable on the scenario editor page. HOWEVER, on the strategic map, it is nearly completely invisible, except for the small nationality flag. I can still 'feel around' for it, and move it...where am I failing to look/mod in order for it to show?

Many thanks...
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

ORIGINAL: heckler

N00b question-I have managed to add a battlegroup, up the population to 55, and with paint make it viewable on the scenario editor page. HOWEVER, on the strategic map, it is nearly completely invisible, except for the small nationality flag. I can still 'feel around' for it, and move it...where am I failing to look/mod in order for it to show?

If you were using Paint you won't have been able to save the graphic file as a 24 bit uncompressed TARGA. For that you'd need Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Mafi's new wunder-program: http://home.claranet.de/ftf/

Remember too not to use pure white or strange things will happen on screen, like bits will be missing. 245, 245, 245 does just fine (IIRC).

Return to “Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein”