Stavka withdraw from Moscow defence ...

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

xmas

Stavka withdraw from Moscow defence ...

Post by xmas »

Russian AI don´t think as Stalin ...

Summer 1942, a lot of soviets unities are withdraw from defensive line of Moscow ... (by IA)

... Stalin never should be ordered this move ....

I have a little observation for DEVS:

To program AI is certainly very complicated work, and in this game to develop AXIS AI is a challenge.

But the soviet AI, I think that it is not very complicate.

Historically only in summer of 1942, Stavka let go back in planed way the Soviets Armies front of advancing Germans divisions of "Blue" plane.
All other time the Stavka orders are only two type: attack or to endure/resist (defend of course), never come back, or to maneuverer.

To program the Soviet AI in "STUPID WAY" may be the best solution to got a full historical soviet AI.

(Sorry about Soviet fans boys, but it isn´t my fault if Stavka ordered to attack even if there were not weapons ... - one rifle every 20-40 soldiers, waves of unharmed braves russians vs MG 42s - so Stalin was happy to go on with his purges ...)

... except this problem, the automatic production and the inexistent air war, ... I love this game

Attachments
ScreenHunt..2714.33.jpg
ScreenHunt..2714.33.jpg (494.68 KiB) Viewed 52 times
Judykator

RE: Stavka withdraw from Moscow defence ...

Post by Judykator »

How do I get as many names on the map?
Sorry for my English. It is not the best.
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

Check out the Scenarios and Mods threads. The maps and instructions to install them are in there.
Judykator

Post by Judykator »

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

Check out the Scenarios and Mods threads. The maps and instructions to install them are in there.

But exactly who is a mod?
Sorry for my English. It is not the best.
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

Try this thread: tm.asp?m=2755516

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”