Paypal Payment Method Available Again

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

SeanD

Paypal Payment Method Available Again

Post by SeanD »

Paypal is now available as a payment option in both the Matrix and Slitherine stores

Matrix Games and Slitherine are pleased to inform customers that Paypal is once again available as a payment option for both of their stores. We apologize again for any inconvenience the disruption in Paypal payment may have caused.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
JudgeDredd

RE: Paypal Payment Method Available Again

Post by JudgeDredd »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HTTR here I come!
Alba gu' brath
Princessjj1

Post by Princessjj1 »

It would be nice if you'd bring back the sale for a week for those of us who got screwed over by the Paypal disruption.
Distant Worlds:Universe--FIX IT OR GIVE US REFUNDS.
Freyr

Post by Freyr »

Sorry... just tried to purchase something with paypal and it was no go. And yes it would be a good idea to extend the holiday sale.
mr_clark

Post by mr_clark »

Boy I was so waiting for the the two PanzerCorps DLCs I was about to get. But unfortunately Freyr seems ti be right. Everything is fine, but in the last step I get a "server not available plimus.matrixgames.com" error.

Nevermind, I am now ordering directly from Slitherine, where it also happens to be 2$ cheaper...
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Mr_Clark,

We and Slitherine both use the same Plimus store and payment processing, so please let us know if it works in one store and not the other for you. There should be no difference in price as far as I am aware.

Freyr, Mr_Clark, if you could e-mail me with more information it would help us investigate and troubleshoot the issues you report expeeriencing.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Princessjj1

Post by Princessjj1 »

Erik, how about reinstating the sale for one week to let those of us screwed over by the Paypal stoppage make some buys?
stone10

Post by stone10 »

That's a great news
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Darkstar,

That is not in the cards, I'm sorry. We gave notice of the PayPal disruption as early as we could once the sale was already underway so that there would be an opportunity for PayPal customers to still take advantage of the sale prices, but bringing the whole sale back now is not planned. It's a fairly major undertaking in terms of organization and coordination, which is why we generally do it one per year. We will be having other sales this year though, definitely smaller in scope but still worthwhile and also frequent coupons in our newsletter.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
vaalen

Post by vaalen »

How about the twenty percent off sale for Distant Worlds, Legends? I did want to buy that expansion when it came out, with the discount, but I had no opportunity to do so because of the pay pal disruption. Because of previous bad experience with credit cards and banks, and service charges, I only use paypal when ordering on the internet.

I respectfully request that the sale be made available for that one expansion for a week or so, as I do not consider it fair to have lost that promotion because your system could not process paypal.

Doing it for one new expansion would not be the huge project that the whole sale would be.
jomni

Post by jomni »

People just can't be pleased.

I bought Distant Worlds duirng the sale period using Paypal because they announced the disruption early.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

As Erik says we cannot bring the sales back. It takes about 2 days for most of the team to update the prices everywhere they need to be udpated so is a huge undertaking and just not possible. There is no automated process and prices need to be changed in about 1500 different places manually in up to 3 currencies and then tested.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Vaalen,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. While we have no plans to bring back that sale right now, I'm sure we will have other Distant Worlds promotions in the coming months.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Freyr

Post by Freyr »

Matrix is still refusing to confirm orders after successfully handing me off to Paypal and for authorization. If you do not wish to sell the product, just say so and spare me the hassle. Since this thread has been hijacked to lobby for continuing the recent sale I cannot even monitor it to determine if the Paypal problems have been solved.

PAYPAL PAYMENT METHOD IS NOT AVAILABLE
vaalen

Post by vaalen »

ORIGINAL: jomni

People just can't be pleased.

I bought Distant Worlds duirng the sale period using Paypal because they announced the disruption early.

I am usually very pleased with Matrix. I have supported them from the beginning, and have defended them on many forums. My request was reasonable, and I accept their reasonable explanation why they cannot grant it. They are my friends for many years, and they do not need you to protect them from me.

If I want to ask my friends at Matrix anything, I can do so, and if you do not like it, that is your decision.
vaalen

Post by vaalen »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Vaalen,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. While we have no plans to bring back that sale right now, I'm sure we will have other Distant Worlds promotions in the coming months.

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks Erik. I did not realize it was such a big undertaking, and I have no problem with your explanation. I guess you are a bigger, actually multinational company now, and some things are different. Still love you guys.
Princessjj1

Post by Princessjj1 »

Unfortunately, the advance notice doesn't do someone much good if they don't have Paypal in their account at that mom
Matrix's attitude, which amounts to "we're sorry, but tough s**t", sucks. I understand about the amount of work involved in the sale, but you guys could perhaps provide some coupon codes for some of the games or something similar.

Speaking for myself, as someone who has quite a number of Matrix wargames, this attitude from Erik is just short of giving us the middle finger.
vaalen

Post by vaalen »

ORIGINAL: Darkstar One

Unfortunately, the advance notice doesn't do someone much good if they don't have Paypal in their account at that mom
Matrix's attitude, which amounts to "we're sorry, but tough s**t", sucks. I understand about the amount of work involved in the sale, but you guys could perhaps provide some coupon codes for some of the games or something similar.

Speaking for myself, as someone who has quite a number of Matrix wargames, this attitude from Erik is just short of giving us the middle finger.

Darkstar One, I understand how you feel. I might even agree with you if this was someone else, but I just cannot believe that was Erik's intent. I remember when he and some other guys at Matrix really went out of their way to help me out, even though the problem was not their fault. I will be always grateful to Erik and the rest of the guys for that.

There has been a merger, and we just do not know who calls the shots on things like this. I personally am not thrilled with most of the changes I have seen since the merger, but it is a done deal. Companies do become more bureaucratic and less flexible as they become bigger, but I want to believe the the good guys at Matrix will still be who they have always been.

Coupon codes do sound like a good idea, but I do not know what work that means for them.
Princessjj1

Post by Princessjj1 »

Darkstar One, I understand how you feel. I might even agree with you if this was someone else, but I just cannot believe that was Erik's intent. I remember when he and some other guys at Matrix really went out of their way to help me out, even though the problem was not their fault. I will be always grateful to Erik and the rest of the guys for that.

It may not have been their intent, but it's the result.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Darkstar,

That's not even remotely what I was trying to do. It's possible to read things into posts on the internet that simply aren't there, since there's no way for you to hear my voice or see my face.

I can only say that I understand this is not the answer you wanted, but it's the only one I can give right now. We'll try to make it up to you in the future.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”