Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

GBS

RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced

Post by GBS »

[quote]ORIGINAL: wodin

I also have the box, and the lovely manual that came with it...both in mint condition.

Me too.

"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

I will be very interested to hear from you HTTR vets how the new release compares with the original.[:)]
simovitch

wodin

Post by wodin »

simovitch,

it's been awhile since I played it due to the fact the new UI since then has spoiled me and I find HTTR now difficult as I miss the new features since then.

However I'm sure you will get plenty of feedback, I'm also certain it will be positive.
Major SNAFU_M

Post by Major SNAFU_M »

Woot!
"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." -

"One ping to find them all,
One ping to link them;
One ping to promote them all,
and in the darkness sink them"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

this is very exciting!!
oh goody oh goody!!![:D][:D][:D][:D]
"Tanks forward"
RangerX3X

Post by RangerX3X »

ORIGINAL: simovitch

I will be very interested to hear from you HTTR vets how the new release compares with the original.[:)]

I still actively play HTTR and COTA, along with BFTB...although the engine has evolved to what it is today, each game is IMHO is still enjoyable as a stand-alone product in its own right.

It will be nice however to play some of those classic scenarios with the new functionality and AAR.

Tzar007

Post by Tzar007 »

It's really great to see HTTR to be revived this way. Let's face it, the added functionalities of COTA and BFTB made me neglect HTTR for quite some time. It will be with great pleasure I'll reconnect with this revamped HTTR. Price is absolutely fair and fine.
decaro

Post by decaro »

I'm waiting to compare it myself; I assume the new supply system will leave units stranded in Arnhem in more desperate straights than in the current game.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Yep, sure will. Enjoy![:)]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
DerGrenadier

Post by DerGrenadier »

ORIGINAL: RangerX3X

I still actively play HTTR and COTA, along with BFTB...although the engine has evolved to what it is today, each game is IMHO is still enjoyable as a stand-alone product in its own right.

It will be nice however to play some of those classic scenarios with the new functionality and AAR.

Same here. I still play it from time to time. Market Garden has always been one of my "favourite battles" of WWII.
I still use the excellent Strategy Guide as I find it usefull for both COTA and BftB.
[center]Image
[center]

Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

In the end, seems like a fair price, especially since it sounds like we will even get the original HTTR strategy guide included. Looking forward to the release day.
Once Joey

Post by Once Joey »

oops? I
"I am not now, nor have I ever been mechanically inclined."
Renato

Post by Renato »

My first impressions are excellent: the new features give more depth to the game and the old features seem improved.

The scenarios I'm playing are interesting and engaging. Good work!
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Renato

... The scenarios I'm playing are interesting and engaging. Good work!

How's the play balance for the new HttR now that supply lines can be cut?
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
pcelt

Post by pcelt »

I am interested to know in which HTTR scenarios (apart from drops of troops and supplies ) does Allied air power feature at all in this HTTR upgrade?
My understanding is that as a result of local weather, poor liason and poor planning of the tactical air power role , Market Garden was the only operation in the NW Europe campaign which was fought by the allies with "air inferiority"--much of this self-inflicted.
On 19th September. for example, the airborne troops in Holland failed to get any close air support, whilst the Luftwaffe flew 125 sorties.
Renato

Post by Renato »

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

How's the play balance for the new HttR now that supply lines can be cut?

It's too early to tell. Up to now I played the Allies only (at painfully realistic delay and historical) and got 1 decisive victory, 1 marginal victory, 1 draw, and 1 decisive defeat. All the 4 scenarios have been engaging.
Renato

Post by Renato »

ORIGINAL: pcelt

I am interested to know in which HTTR scenarios (apart from drops of troops and supplies ) does Allied air power feature at all in this HTTR upgrade?

The Allied air power is strong in "Joe's Bridge" scenario and weak in the others I played.

Return to “Command Ops Series”