Unit Viewer Mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about unit modeling and general game modding. You can also post your new units and modifications here.

Moderator: rickier65

dazoline II

Unit Viewer Mod

Post by dazoline II »

Hello,

At Junk's request I've decoupled the unit viewer from my next version MoreRandomOptions mod as it was mostly complete and just sitting waiting for me to complete the version.

Install:
The zip file contains an hta file and several css and js files. Place the UV.hta file in the root of the PCO folder (where you see the other hta files) and the rest of the files in the Editor folder. To run the unit viewer double click on the UV.hta file or open it using IE 6.0 or higher (Tested with IE 8).

Notes:
- The unit field uses autocomplete to display the entire XML file list of units. Type in 'p' in the field to start.
- The date field only affects the ammo types display as they are available, it doesn't modify the autocomplete list of units.
- I haven't checked every single file to ensure it displays but there are some that have files missing (could be my lookup procedure) German Fsjager 41.xml or missing info 150mm Towed Artillery.xml has no description. I'm sure there are others and hopefully wider use of this viewer and the files will bring all issues to light.

Change List:
v 1.0.2
- Fixed lookup for FJ MGs and Rifle gernades.
- Added Junk2Drive's UV icon for shortcuts.

v 1.0.1
- Unit list had incomplete list of all units, fixed.

Please notify me of any issues you have.
Enjoy!
Attachments
Unit Viewer 1.0.2.zip
(137.54 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Moscow by winter? Only if you send Fast Heinz to Kiev.
Mad Russian

RE: Unit Viewer Mod

Post by Mad Russian »

Thanks for all the work you've done on this.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Thanks for taking your valuable time for this. It may help us ferret out some errors and make the game better.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

The FJs have the wrong gun id.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
dazoline II

Post by dazoline II »

So its an issue with the xml rather than with the lookup?

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

The FJs have the wrong gun id.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Correct.

And the 150 Towed does not have a description in the xml. We will fix that and the FJs for the next update.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I haven't checked every single file to ensure it displays but there are some that have files missing (could be my lookup procedure) German Fsjager 41.xml

Daz,

I've looked at the FSJager unit xmls but didn't see a problem with the unit file or gun file. The unit xml makes reference to a gunid. That gunid should match one and only one "type" attribute in a gun xml. for example, the German FSjager 41 unit references a gunid of "1941 Fsjager w/MG-34". That gunid matches a "type" attribute in the gun xml 1941 Fallschirmjager Squad with MG-34.xml.

Thanks
rick
dazoline II

Post by dazoline II »

Your right Rick.
Looks like the lookup routine is not getting those files for some reason. I'll have to look at it.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Daz is the UV preloaded with the units in PCO? I have a Japanese Chi Ha xml, as German, using a Soviet tank model. It displays in the Scenario editor with the PID button but not in UV.
dazoline II

Post by dazoline II »

The UV browses the Data/ArmoredUnits and Data/Infantry folders and picks up all the xml files located in thoses areas. The dropdown menu displays the name of the file not necessarily the name of the unit id.

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Daz is the UV preloaded with the units in PCO? I have a Japanese Chi Ha xml, as German, using a Soviet tank model. It displays in the Scenario editor with the PID button but not in UV.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

My xml name is Chi Ha and the type= is Chi Ha, nothing shows in UV no matter how many letters I type in.

Is there a year limit or something else I could look at?
dazoline II

Post by dazoline II »

Attach the file and I'll see if I can load it up in mine or at least debug it.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

JSGME ready, unit, gun, test scenario

Thanks
Attachments
Japan_ChiHa_test.zip
(4.38 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
dazoline II

Post by dazoline II »

I've uploaded version 1.01 in the original post above.
Seems I was over writing part of the options for the autocomplete list.

Thanks for the heads up.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Thanks for the quick fix.

Any word on the FJ guns error?
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Looking at the code where I get the error, it looks like you are replacing file names with gun names. In that case try Fallshirmjager and Fsjager.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I tried that and still get an error that it can't open the Fsjager /MG-34 file, then the error for the generator.js no loadout section.

The 1941 FJ has two weapons

<guns>
<gun gunid="1941 Fsjager w/MG-34" rof="11"/>
<gun gunid="GG/P 40" rof="2">
<ammo date="12/31/1945" loadout="HEAT=5" />
</gun>
<gun gunid="Smoke Grenade" rof="1"/>
</guns>

but only the rifle grenade GGP40 has an ammo amount.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I don't think the name replacing works well as I removed the ammo loadout from the 1941 FJ xml and then I got a UV error for the model set. It may be a quick workaround for things that are common but not so elegant for names that are mangled through the xmls.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Here is an icon for your desktop shortcut.
Attachments
PCO_UV.zip
(33.82 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
dazoline II

Post by dazoline II »

Version 1.0.2 uploaded.
Check the first post in this thread, change log now in place there as well.

Return to “Maps, Models and Mods”