Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

SeanD

Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced

Post by SeanD »

Take to the skies over Europe and secure the Highway to the Reich in this new expansion.

Matrix Games, Slitherine, and Panther Games (www.panthergames.com) are thrilled to announce the latest addition to the award-winning Command Ops series, Command Ops: Highway to the Reich! This exciting expansion builds upon the award-winning Command Ops game engine, revered for its realism and modeling of command, to give players many new scenarios, much more modding ability, and even a mega scenario that can serve as a continuous mini-campaign!

Be sure to check out the brand new AAR at The Wargamer to see Command Ops: Highway to the Reich in action.

Command Ops: Highway to the Reich will be released later this month and will be available for $24.99 Download / $34.99 Physical through the Matrix Games online store.

About Command Ops: Highway to the Reich

As the first official expansion pack for the award winning Command Ops series, Command Ops: Highway to the Reich from acclaimed developer Panther Games brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden. The Highway to the Reich expansion pack is a set of 13 scenarios covering all of the major actions that took place during the Market Garden Campaign in Holland during September 1944.

The scenarios cover every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem. The dramatic parachute and glider landings of the US 82nd and 101st Airborne, The British 1st Airborne and the Polish Brigade are all represented on some of the largest maps ever created for the series and the largest “campaign” scenario in this system to date. More than just a conversion of the old scenarios to play on the new system, the Expansion Pack represents a major update of Panther Games ground breaking classic game Highway to the Reich, incorporating numerous corrections to Maps, Orders of Battle, Unit Compositions, Reinforcement Schedules, and overall game play.

Command Ops: Highway to the Reich is an expansion for Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge and requires the base game to play.

Get more information on Command Ops: Highway to the Reich from its official product page.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Phoenix100

RE: Command Ops: Highway to the Reich Is Announced

Post by Phoenix100 »

Great. Really looking forward to it. Price fine by me. £16 - is that what i guessed - I don't recall....
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

No brainer! Can't wait!!!
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Great - and good price imo. Will definitely buy as I never did get HTTR
Alba gu' brath
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Any discount for HTTR owners?
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
gabeeg

Post by gabeeg »

Man, I am looking forward to this one...first day purchase at the download price.
Kind Regards,

Harry
GBS

Post by GBS »

Price never was an object for this product. BTW I guess the patch will come with the add-on.
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
wodin

Post by wodin »

Excellent, I wasn't that bothered about it to be honest as I own the two previous MG games, but at that price it's a must have.

[&o][&o][:D]
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

ORIGINAL: elmo3

I'm afriad not. This was something I wanted to offer, with a higher initial price. However, the original HTTR was offered both as an online and a retail product. Matrix could readily verify the bonafides of online purchases but it would have been a very expensive and time consuming process to try and do so for the retail sales. In the end we opted to lower the retail price for all customers and that is what you have now.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

OK, thanks for the quick reply Arjuna.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

I'm afriad not. This was something I wanted to offer, with a higher initial price. However, the original HTTR was offered both as an online and a retail product. Matrix could readily verify the bonafides of online purchases but it would have been a very expensive and time consuming process to try and do so for the retail sales. In the end we opted to lower the retail price for all customers and that is what you have now.

Fair enough. The price announced is reasonable (and excellent for those without HttR.. not that they deserve it [:-] [:'(] ), and I've not been able to say that about a Matrix game in a while.

A must buy. I note the bit about a first expansion pack.. don't say we might finally get to see 'Patton's Charge' after all these years?? [&o]
RangerX3X

Post by RangerX3X »

Funny thing is I kept this box as proof of purchase from Go Gamer, and after all these years it is still is great shape...

Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

ORIGINAL: Hertston
A must buy. I note the bit about a first expansion pack.. don't say we might finally get to see 'Patton's Charge' after all these years?? [&o]

No not Patton's Charge but we have another expansion pack in the works. This will cover the alternative staff plan for Wacht am Rhine, sometimes referred to as the "Knock on All Doors" solution. Paul van Doren is the lead designer on this and he's been pain stakingly researching this for quite some time now. We are testing the first four scenarios right now. I'm not sure as to when it will be completed and I'm not going to make a guess, so don't ask. It's just in the works.[:)]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Bazza042

Post by Bazza042 »

I agree that the HTTR extension is very fairly priced and it'll be a first day buy for me.
As an owner of the original HTTR, and RDOA, my copy of the 2004 Strategy Guide had got pretty tatty
so I thought I'd treat myself to another one. The price £11.00 for a download[:@] So your substantial extension will cost me around only £5 more than Matrix are charging for an eight year old Guide to a first generation
game. Ludicrous.

Needless to say the 'No Sale' flag went up.
Nikolaj

Post by Nikolaj »

This is great news! And I'm excited to hear that another expansion is in the works, too. Thanks guys.
DerGrenadier

Post by DerGrenadier »

OMG I need Oxygen. Great news. I will surely buy the expansion. The price is great.
[center]Image
[center]

PirateJock

Post by PirateJock »

Happy days [:D] ... and only a week left in the month - wonder if I need to clear my weekend?
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
JiminyJickers

Post by JiminyJickers »

Excellent, can't wait for this to be released.
Wiggum

Post by Wiggum »

Great to see a new release !
Will there ever be a "Deluxe" edition with both the base game and the addon for a slightly discount in the near future ?

wodin

Post by wodin »

I also have the box, and the lovely manual that came with it...both in mint condition.

ORIGINAL: RangerX3X

Funny thing is I kept this box as proof of purchase from Go Gamer, and after all these years it is still is great shape...

Return to “Command Ops Series”