Planets disappearing every late game [1.7.0.7]

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Theluin

Planets disappearing every late game [1.7.0.7]

Post by Theluin »

I've faced this problem in 3 games in a row and it's made DW unplayable or me. Every time I reach the late game (around year 2800) many planets "disappear" the game still treats them like they were existing (I can select them etc) but they become invisible, the same happens to their orbit path. I'm uploading a screen showing an invisible planet with a constructor and mining station on top. This doesn't happen to all the planets, only some (they don't seem to have anything in common)
I've also uploaded a save game showing this problem it's called:
[22.01.2012] Disappearing Planets.rar

Attachments
Planet.jpg
Planet.jpg (180.08 KiB) Viewed 120 times
Speedy2511

RE: Planets disappearing every late game [1.7.0.7]

Post by Speedy2511 »

Yeah, i have the same problem!

I deactivated the autosave, and save manuell in the pause mode. Now i don't have the problem anymore. Don't know if it's realy the autosave function.

Greetings from Germany
Nico
Tomatoes

Post by Tomatoes »

i had this issue late in one of my games....it wasnt just planets. It was everything in solar system view. Stars astroids gas giants and colonies.

Ships and bases showed and like you say you can still select them. i looked into this further (with alot of reloading) and it was one of the saves that seems to have caused the issue.

Like the above. I think its the auto save. Did kinda break that particular campaign for me but heh. Just start another!
Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day
Speedy2511

Post by Speedy2511 »

OK, now i have this problem very often in my late game! Autosave is off. Must be something different!

Greetings from Germany
Nico

edit: it happend now even when i reload a save before that happens. and every time in the same moment (or date)!
Theluin

Post by Theluin »

I think it might be connected to the destruction of a planet with a super laser as in my game I built a resupply ship with it and blew up an empty planet just for the heck of it and at that same moment those planets/moons/asteroid/everything in most systems disappeared. So perhaps it is connected to planet destroyers and the reason why reloading doesn't work for you any more Speedy is because some AI empire has a world killer on course for some undefended planet. That explanation would correspond with my other games as in each one of them some AI empire did have a planet destroyer.

After running several tests I can confirm this. This happens every time a planet is destroyed.
Speedy2511

Post by Speedy2511 »

Hmmm, maybe, i don't know.

But this is strange, today i could continue with my game! I have know the system nebulae disabled. Runs better, i think. And not one disappering of planets in two hours. Maybe i am lucky today.

Could the devs say something to this bug?

Greetings from Germany
Nico
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Thanks for the report and savegame Theluin.

This problem is fixed in the upcoming 1.7.0.9 update.

Elliot
Theluin

Post by Theluin »

Great to hear that. From the sounds of it you've done a great job in that update [:)]
Speedy2511

Post by Speedy2511 »

Thank you Elliot for the answer!

Return to “Tech Support”