I bought and loaded the game and...

Share your best tactics, strategies and gameplay tips with other gamers here.

Moderator: rickier65

eggmansdaddy

I bought and loaded the game and...

Post by eggmansdaddy »

...really like it. Played through the tutorial and was pleasantly surprised at the interface and the types of commands I could issue to the units and vehicles. I am a long time CMx1 player and thought I would try PCO...I am not disappointed.

Nice work![&o]

Now who can tell me what I need to create vehicle mods...

eggmansdaddy aka ksbearski
rickier65

RE: I bought and loaded the game and...

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: eggmansdaddy

...really like it. Played through the tutorial and was pleasantly surprised at the interface and the types of commands I could issue to the units and vehicles. I am a long time CMx1 player and thought I would try PCO...I am not disappointed.

Nice work![&o]

Now who can tell me what I need to create vehicle mods...

eggmansdaddy aka ksbearski

Glad you're enjoying it ksbearski. there are several guys here that can tell you what tools they've used for creating vehicle models (or modifying them).

Thanks
rick
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Thanks for the support.

Spellir wrote this tutorial for Fragmotion using an existing AFV. By doing this, you won't be as frustrated as starting from scratch. Download the trial version of Fragmotion to see what it is and if it is something you would like to get in to.

tm.asp?m=2032582
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

The  ksbearski from the World at War and Blitz gaming sites?

Good to have you onboard. You'll find some old opponents hanging around playing PCO more than likely.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
eggmansdaddy

Post by eggmansdaddy »

MR-

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, it's me from Blitz and WaW and FGM (aka HOA_KSOP) and Gamesquad. I have been tracking PCO for awhile and knew you were involved. I have spent many hours playing a ton of your CM scenarios, so I know that the battles in this project will be excellent.

I have a couple of other ol' Blitz buddies who have PCO so I will more than likely get up to speed quickly, then offer myself up to new opponents.

Once thing I will say is that you guys have a good product here and I think a core of gamers who believe in this project and I see it getting better and better.

Barry
aka ksbearski

PS. I heard a rumor you guys might tackle the Pacific theater at some point. For this scale game, that would be a first...although the campaign series does have Rising Sun. Any chance you'll parallel Pac theater with western front?
eggmansdaddy

Post by eggmansdaddy »

J2D

Thanks for the links! I have some 3-D modeling software capability already (3-D wireframing, anyway), so am interested in knowing what formats the game uses.

Also of interest is that AutoDesk has that 123D Catch beta freeware that does 3-D modeling from digital pictures. I want to take 2-3 pictures of my car and see how it models. If it's as easy as walking around a vehicle and taking 4-8 pictures, then letting the software model it, I might have to go to Aberdeen proving grounds and the museum there and take pictures of all the WW2 vehicles.

Barry
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Forgive my poor memory but it goes something like this.

The original game models were made with 3DS then converted with Polytrans. The graphics and model files are .x .dds .png .bmp and you need an xml file to make it work. There are documents in the old forums for some of this but may be out of date.

Early on after public release people started looking for inexpensive software to make models. Milkshape3D was tried but it was dropped in favor of Fragmotion. FM didn't export what the game wanted so Stridor wrote a converter program that you will find in your main game folder.

Details here

tm.asp?m=2014868
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Thanks for the kind words about my scenarios and the work we put into PCO. If we have our way we've only just started.

At the moment, there are several options for games/expansions in the series. Starting at the front and moving out would be:

Poland 1939
France 1940-1944
Finland 1940
Axis Minors 1941-1944
North Africa 1941-1943
Italy 1943-1945
North Western Europe 1944-1945
Pacific Theater 1941-1945
Korea 1950-2012
Vietnam 1965-1975
NATO vs Warsaw Pact 1950-1989
Falklands 1982
Arab-Israeli conflicts 1948-2012

And those are just what we've come up with. If I get my way some of those will be full fledged games and others expansions. Of course, who knows what course of the series will actually take.

As gamers we can all hope to see our favorite conflict on the list of projects. Then you just wait and see if they actually make it into  a physical form where we can play them.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
eggmansdaddy

Post by eggmansdaddy »

Looks like you guys have your work cut out for yourselves!

Barry
sztartur2

Post by sztartur2 »

Those are excellent plans MR. Is the coding department ready to support that? There are still heavy issues in current scope still. Infantry exit issue, map size, infantry combat, destructible terrain and you know what else. 

Don't get me wrong I would be glad for any success of PCO as I also invested time in it. But these are the ugly facts and I do not see any chance for them to be addressed.  [:(]
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: sztartur

Those are excellent plans MR. Is the coding department ready to support that? There are still heavy issues in current scope still. Infantry exit issue, map size, infantry combat, destructible terrain and you know what else. 

Don't get me wrong I would be glad for any success of PCO as I also invested time in it. But these are the ugly facts and I do not see any chance for them to be addressed.  [:(]

MRs list isn't a list of "plans" for PCO. MR was indicating a number of potential areas that have been mentioned by team members as being possible.

Right now, our first priority is to get the patch for PCO finished. We are trying to get another beta patch ready for public release. The beta patch will not address the infantry exit issue. the other items you mentioned, Map size, infantry combat model, and destructible terrain are items that will need significant amount of work and will have to wait for the next full game release in the series.

Thanks!
Rick

Return to “The War Room”