NATO counters

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Magpius

RE: NATO counters

Post by Magpius »

What does this mean....
Nothing as sinister as your sig gif! [:)]
I just like playing maps that look like S&T Mags or A.H. Boards.
The counters look good.
Modders take pride in their work. After long hours staring at the screen and pushing pixels, and sharing the work with others... the criticism is not warranted.
If you don't like 'em you don't use em.
Keep up the good work Jomni.

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
BriteLite

Post by BriteLite »

Agent S: I am with you about AH mapboards and S&T/SPI. I love the look and feel of "boardgame look" map mods.

Agree about jomini's counter mods. They look great. Please keep up the work jomini!
MikeAP

Post by MikeAP »

The NATO symbols look great. Good job
gunhojr

Post by gunhojr »

What i could say about these counters are they are nice at least you have under the unit what kind it is for example the round or oval shape is a tank but not everyone knows that since you put pziv or things like that it makes alot of since its very nice,but being a ww2 gamer i have almost every game out there im not into so much the symbols type game where you can stack and things.just makes the map to cluttered but again its a good strategy type game.there is all kinds of players just wish there wasnt so much bashing.you like your way keep it to yourself not to make others feel bad,ill still stick with what Dumnorix says i just like to see my playing pieces it makes a game more fun to play seeing a tiger tank or so on.i just want to say ill try anything as mods because its free and you guys take your time just wanted to say thanks
eric smolson
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Excellent and very nice ! I was precisely wondering about playing with NATO counters. Where can I get the package ? 
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
laska2k8

Post by laska2k8 »

I'm waiting too....

thanks
"Sa vida pro sa Patria"
jomni

Post by jomni »

Sorry guys a lot has gotten in the way (like World of Tanks).
I'm currently hunting down the counters that are shared and making unique ones (changing the text or national colors) to replace them.
After that I will be ready for general consumption.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: jomni

Sorry guys a lot has gotten in the way (like World of Tanks).
I'm currently hunting down the counters that are shared and making unique ones (changing the text or national colors) to replace them.
After that I will be ready for general consumption.

Great![&o]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
A_B_Danner

Post by A_B_Danner »

What would be nice, I think, is to have a toggle button to switch back and forth between the animations and counters. I like the animations, but it might help clarify crowded battlefields to switch to counters at certain times.

It would also be a nice option to toggle the enemy as counters, to help make the more visable.

I think this would be simple to do in future games.

AceDuceTrey

Post by AceDuceTrey »

How about both- zoom out for NATO counters.
P.S. In NATO a V is AT and an inverted V is AA.
PoorOldSpike

Post by PoorOldSpike »

So what's the situation with NATO-type counters, are they still a work in progress or what?
Sorry but I hate the standard 3D counters because they're a bit childish and the colours are dull and hard to see, so I'm struggling to play til we get colourful NATO counters which will give the game a slick professional-looking adult polish.

Dunno if this chart will give some ideas-

http://niehorster.orbat.com/000_admin/009_symbols.html

"Fight with your brain first and your weapons second!"
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks for taking the time to work on the game, I think it's beneficial for players to be encouraged to continue to work on improving the game, very nice counters.
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

I'm also strongly in favour of, and support your work in designing NATO-style markers. They're a far more efficient method of showing a lot of vital information in a small space at a glance.
When I'm gaming, the information is what I want, not pretty sprites, no matter how well-drawn they were.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

+1

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
laska2k8

Post by laska2k8 »

+2
"Sa vida pro sa Patria"
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I think thatthe counters similar to those used in Conflict of Heroes would fit the best to the Panzer Corps style:

Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

An interesting exercise in perspective, but it does look as though the player has to highlight one counter (unit) at a time in order to get all the details in that info panel.

In Time of Wrath (or most of my SPI games), I can look vertically (the God perspective) and absorb information from six or seven counters at once. That's more efficient.
I WANT "efficient", not pretty.
No flowering shrubs, no little ponies, no naked dancing girls.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction
PoorOldSpike

Post by PoorOldSpike »

So what's happening? Are we definitely going to get 2D counters or not?
I'm trying to get serious adult players interested in the game but they won't touch it because they say the 3D icons are childish and dull, and i tend to agree with them.

PS- I've just mailed Erik Rutins to suggest that he commissions somebody to produce colourful 2D counters and have given him a link to this thread.
kingy10kingy

Post by kingy10kingy »

this is auful :/ , why would anyone want this? It takes away from the feeling the units are actually fighting, Its just 2 cards positioned next to eachother.
PoorOldSpike

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Some other Matrix games have an option for players to choose to play with 3D icons or 2D counters, but surprisingly Pz Corps has no such option, we only get 3D's, and it puts a lot of people off buying the game because they don't like 3D's.
Look at the first post in this thread showing how great 2D counters would be, but I'd suggest traditional red for Russian, and field-grey for German..:)

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”