SU again

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

bairdlander2

SU again

Post by bairdlander2 »

I followed advice from another thread and now am readey to manually move SU's from AG's to corps.What is the distance in hexes that AG's has to be to transfer SU's to corps?Thanks.
2ndACR

RE: SU again

Post by 2ndACR »

They can transfer all the way across the map as far as I can tell.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Looks like the range for transfers 10 hexes.Anyone know if this is correct?Also do corps need to have construction SU's?
Klydon

Post by Klydon »

Should be a bit more than that I think. There is a limit, but I am not sure what it is. You can sort of get an idea as it will tell you on the left hand side how far away a given HQ is.

Construction units in corps will help the units attached to the corps dig in faster if that is your desire. Many will leave them at the army level to help with rail repair (the AI will assign them to repair rail hexes automatically).
von Beanie

Post by von Beanie »

There's no cost to transfer SU 10 hexes or less from a higher HQ to a lower one. You can transfer a SU anywhere on the map for the cost of 1 AP.

That is why some write of the "Stavka Circus" that travels all over the map so that you can distribute SU in Stavka to lower HQ at no cost.
"Military operations are drastically affected by many considerations, one of the most important of which is the geography of the area" Dwight D. Eisenhower

Return to “The War Room”