WAW scenario - playable or not?

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

cveta

WAW scenario - playable or not?

Post by cveta »

Hi all

Just finished my 5th waw scenario. Played 5 times with 3 versions of the scenario. Still like it but I dont know what is the latest version, and what version should I play now? So please can somebady tell me what is the best version to play. 82Trooper sed in last game that "battle results" were messed up. I belive that factory production is messed up. But I still like that scenario a lot and I am looking for new players to start new game. So if anybady is in for a game ( what wersion ) say so.
Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups
LJBurstyn

RE: WAW scenario - playable or not?

Post by LJBurstyn »

I also like the scenario...but think both production and combat results are unreal....so far the best are human only...AI cheats.

Production increases should be allowed in 1% increments with a max per turn of 5%.
Artillery and aircraft should inflict NO casulties against troops in fortresses or forts but should reduce readiness instead offset by experience. Forts should suffer LITTLE damage from air and only slightly more to artillery.
Aircraft should suffer penalties when attacking prepared positions (cities or forts) and have little effect on production--or production should recover QUICKLY.
The only exception would be oil (fuel) production centers.

AIRCRAFT should be allowed to be carried in cargo ships but not fly off them--not just produced in one city and "appear" in a city across the ocean with damages taken by interdiction....land based aircraft should not be allowed to fly off carriers except to land in nearby bases (half normal range).
Aircraft should suffer range penalties when attacking a great distance from their bases. Say at max range the attack/defensive factor is 1/10th the factor at half range. Second and following air attacks against same target do so at reduced effectiveness.

Surface ships (except destroyers) should not be allowed to counterattack subs. (Defensive attack=0). Still get offensive attack because subs can be surprised on surface but not when attacking.

These are some of the changes I would like in the WaW scenario...but I still like the game overall....and would not playing in another game.

ORIGINAL: cveta

Hi all

Just finished my 5th waw scenario. Played 5 times with 3 versions of the scenario. Still like it but I dont know what is the latest version, and what version should I play now? So please can somebady tell me what is the best version to play. 82Trooper sed in last game that "battle results" were messed up. I belive that factory production is messed up. But I still like that scenario a lot and I am looking for new players to start new game. So if anybady is in for a game ( what wersion ) say so.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I think LJBurstyin is talking about the WaW for ATWW2, while Cveta is talking about WaW for ATG...

In any case, i think they are good scenarios.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Nope, talking about the WaW that comes with ATG--it says ATG release...v2....never had ATWW2?

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

I think LJBurstyin is talking about the WaW for ATWW2, while Cveta is talking about WaW for ATG...

In any case, i think they are good scenarios.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Oh, i just figured you where talking about the one without precursers (the Non-ATG one) because you where talking about AI play. There is no AI in WaW for ATG you see....
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

ORIGINAL: LJBurstyn

I also like the scenario...but think both production and combat results are unreal....so far the best are human only...AI cheats.

Production increases should be allowed in 1% increments with a max per turn of 5%.
Artillery and aircraft should inflict NO casulties against troops in fortresses or forts but should reduce readiness instead offset by experience. Forts should suffer LITTLE damage from air and only slightly more to artillery.
Aircraft should suffer penalties when attacking prepared positions (cities or forts) and have little effect on production--or production should recover QUICKLY.
The only exception would be oil (fuel) production centers.

AIRCRAFT should be allowed to be carried in cargo ships but not fly off them--not just produced in one city and "appear" in a city across the ocean with damages taken by interdiction....land based aircraft should not be allowed to fly off carriers except to land in nearby bases (half normal range).
Aircraft should suffer range penalties when attacking a great distance from their bases. Say at max range the attack/defensive factor is 1/10th the factor at half range. Second and following air attacks against same target do so at reduced effectiveness.

Surface ships (except destroyers) should not be allowed to counterattack subs. (Defensive attack=0). Still get offensive attack because subs can be surprised on surface but not when attacking.

These are some of the changes I would like in the WaW scenario...but I still like the game overall....and would not playing in another game.

ORIGINAL: cveta

Hi all

THe issue with aircraft flying off cargo ships is a atg bug that i reported to vic awhile ago. No idea if he has it on his radar to fix or not. Also the way arty kills things vs just damaging readiness is another low level atg thing that is not as tunable in a scen as you would hope.
-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”