America

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: doomtrader

LiquidSky

America

Post by LiquidSky »

Decided to start my first game as the Americans, as it gives me a chance to observe and learn fundamentals before being thrust into a war.

Spent the first few turns building up enough PP to invest in infantry tech...then armour tech.

Notice the diplomacy tab, and the 15 diplomacy points I have saved...spend 9 on increasing war entry from 0 to around 25%.

Spend more turns building up PP's to spend on tech.

Buy more war entry with my diplomacy points. By spring 1940, I have joined the western alliance and am at war with Germany. Surely thats a bit *too* soon....

A bunch of events fire giving me a small number of infantry and air. (bombers)

Decide to figure out how to transport my small army/airforce to Africa to learn combat against the Italians and after reading the manual, and purchasing lots of STP's, embark my infantry. Unable to embark air. Read manual some more...no button appears for the air units. Buy lots more STP's incase I need more (have over a 100) Nope...not able to embark air.

Move army to Africa where I upgrade the 1st Infantry div into 1st Armour Corp. (over a bunch of steps). Try rebasing my strat bomber/bombers to England....no dice.

Brainstorm...buy Strategic Movement points..now have 5. Cant strategically move air.

Buy more Strategic Movement points...now have 10. Voila! I can strat move the bombers (but not the strat bomber) to africa. Doing so costs 10PP's each, and does not use any of the strat points I have purchased. Not sure what is supposed to happen, but at least the airforce is in Africa.

Buy some fighters, strat move them to Africa.

Kick some italian butt, then call it a day.

QUESTION:

Can Air units be embarked on transports, or must I spend the 10pp each for every one to move them to England/Africa ?
Shouldnt it be much harder for the americans to enter the war?

Joey.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Kitakami

RE: America

Post by Kitakami »

I have done the DP thing too, four times to get a feeling of how things go. Every time, the USA has joined the allies no later than summer 1940. I agree that needs a bit of tuning. If I may make a sugestion, I would lower the result when the USA applies DP to itself. That should help bring things to a more historical level.

Just my 2 cents
Tenno Heika Banzai!
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

Yes, it costs PP to SR.
You can not transport planes.
You can fly them to Iceland and the the UK when you in the Allied camp.

For DP, The AI will automatically try to bring in the USA.
Check your reports and you should find out that you have been bribed!

Perhaps you should go to war against Churchill!

War Entry also depends upon what is happening in the war.

We will recheck the USA.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

LiquidSky, Kitakami, thanks for the feedback.
I'll take a look at the whole issue and see can we tune down USA a little bit, as I agree that war entry in 1940 for USA is too early.
Greyshaft

Post by Greyshaft »

ORIGINAL: Razz

Yes, it costs PP to SR.

Not for me it doesn't.

I use my SR at no cost in PP and I can still SR when PP = 0
/Greyshaft
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

SR costs PP only for Air Units.
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Hmm...I tried to fly to Iceland, but it may not have been active or something, as I couldnt find a hex to land in.

I forgot to mention that when I spent my PP's to SR my Air, I was able to spend into the negatives.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

Return to “Tech Support”