Bottomless campaign ?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: doomtrader

Gloo

Bottomless campaign ?

Post by Gloo »

I set a "Custom German Grand Campaign" up as such :

- Germany > Human control - Very Hard.
- Slovakia > Human control - Very Hard.
- G.B/Poland/USSR > A.I control - Very easy.

First turn : I spend my Production Points to refit my most needed units, then deploy all the motorized and mechanized ones and assign the commanders.
Second turn : My P.P. are reduced to -55. I move the units in position along the polish frontier.
Third turn : My P.P. are reduced to - 111. The game declares war on the Allies (without asking for permission but, you know...[:)] ).
Fourth turn : My P.P. are reduced to -167. All right, let's start a "normal" game again !

Is this supposed to be another bug or did I thrashed something, trying to customize my game ? I understand this kind of settings are intended to lighten the burden for the A.I. and harden that of the player but man, it's actually unplayable as it is ! The polish cities giving 1-5 P.P. upon being captured, how am I supposed to fill the gap ?
{:]]

"One ring to find them all..."
doomtrader

RE: Bottomless campaign ?

Post by doomtrader »

Go West then
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

Check your upkeep.

May want to disband some ships. Move Fast.
Gloo

Post by Gloo »

Am I suppose to switch my invasion plans from East to West by the beginning of September, while my P.P. are already around minus 200, just because a game glitch prevails over Adolf's befehl !? Is the player supposed to scrap the whole or at least a big chunk of the Kriegsmarine, in order to refit the Heer ? How is it done I.R.L. (do sailors convert to Ersatz truppen and the Scharnhorst to cans [;)]) ? By the way, what impact do negative P.P. have on the game mechanics (is this covered in the game manual) other than the obvious (research, purchases & upgrades) ?

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Negative PP, has got no impact on the game. With the game progress, your PP will increase, together with your WE modifier, so soon you should get some surplus.
The best way is to disband as many infantry frozen units as possible.
Gloo

Post by Gloo »

Come on guys... ! Thanks for the tips and advices but one more question : did you experiment on those tips before ? [;)]

For information sake I retried a game, tuning down the settings to "Hard"...

@Razz >
"Check your upkeep."
On the first turn (where I'm supposed to lay down the basis to any planning...) there's no Upkeep info on the Report panel !

"May want to disband some ships."
I disbanded the obvious 60% Str. "KMS Karlsruhe" & "Königsberg", plus the lame "Admiral Scheer" as a bonus and as I feel inspired, I also dumped the other depleted units for a total of six cruisers and a sub. As a side note : I scuttled the "Graf Spee" (and a submarine too) in the middle of the Atlantic ocean... Hope the crew are good swimmers [8|]
Gross total for such infamies => 00,00 P.P. !!! [X(]

@Doomtrader >
"The best way is to disband as many infantry frozen units as possible."
Could you be more specific ? I started by disbanding the 79th and the 262nd Inf. division for the sheer amount of 3 P.P. ! Hmmm, still a long way to compensate for the P.P. loss on the long term. I tried to play five turns and my P.P. amounts to -60 and counting. I don't see the use to keep on playing a +400 turn campaign with those settings. Can you prove me wrong ? I hope so.

Forgot to add that Slovakia Production Points = 00 !

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Gloo, I was thinking about the infantry units at the French border. There are some units frozen for 30 turns, which you can sell.
You are not only gaining some PP, for selling them but also saving some PP on upkeep.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

This is what I left at the French border:

Also, I have disbanded all units inside the Germany except the one in Bremen.

After disbanding couple of my planes, I was able to finally balance the budget and get small surplus at the beginning of 1940.

Return to “Tech Support”