Witpload - how to use with OpenOffice ?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Ambassador

Witpload - how to use with OpenOffice ?

Post by Ambassador »

Hi all,

I'm just starting to use witpload, and already fell in a problem.

Changes I make (I'm using OpenOffice) are not imported. The SCEN files are modified (the modified date changes), but when I look at the values through the editor, I don't see the changes included.

I tried modifying the files with notepad, and it works ! Thus, it's not a bad use of witpload proper, but of the programs I use to make the changes.

I tried opening with notepad a .csv file I had modified with openoffice... and notepad showed the changes I had included. So, it's not a problem of modifying the files.

I've been careful not to change the suffix of the files (ie keeping .csv instead of converting to .ods - witpload doesn't recognize this type).

I've tried opening and saving the files with notepad after using openoffice to make changes, but it didn't work either.

It's as if changes I make with openoffice, while appearing right when opening the file with other programs (notepad, but also excel), were not recognized by the editor and/or witpload.

Is there a secret step I need to take to ensure it all works well ?

Thanks by advance,
Lionel
kfsgo

RE: Witpload - how to use with OpenOffice ?

Post by kfsgo »

This is going to sound patronising, but you are compiling the csvs after editing stuff in them, right?

Beyond that, don't know what to say; I use calc and everything works fine. You're not doing anything weird to the import settings? It should look like this:

but then it should look like that automatically, so there shouldn't be a screwup there. Can you run through exactly what you're doing on a step-by-step basis? It'd be much easier to figure out what if anything you're doing wrong with that information.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Modding without the editor.
Get the new witploadae from the modders section.
Copy into Scen folder.
Open a command window, Start Run - > type command
If your game is in c dir:
In the opened dos window type cd\
Otherwise type driveletter: eg. d:
Then type cd matrix games enter
cd war in the pacific admiral’s edition
cd scen

type witploadae /e /s*** (scen number) or witploadae /s*** /e
Open files in xls, make changes save as csv (very important no new formatting)

To pack witploadae /s*** /i or to change the directory for output witploadae /s*** /i  /d”c:\etc”

That’s it … Make a backup of your mods in another folder is a good idea while working on them.
Not using OpenOffice, but there is no reason it shouldn't work
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

If you installed the beta, then the latest witploadae.exe is included there.
Michael
Ambassador

Post by Ambassador »

ORIGINAL: kfsgo

This is going to sound patronising, but you are compiling the csvs after editing stuff in them, right?
No patronising - what do you mean by "compiling" ? I see each csv in the command window being imported, even the mention "All files have been loaded successfully" - if that's it, it's done.

But thanks to your screenshot, I understand what I did wrong : both the "comma" and "semicolon" boxes were checked. I've made a new try with "comma" only, and it works.

Thank you all, and especially to michaelm for this fabulous tool.[&o]

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”