Land Oddities

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: doomtrader

Cad908

Land Oddities

Post by Cad908 »

Doom,

There has been discussion in another thread about slowing the growth of experience, thereby reducing effectiveness, particularly for the Germans. What is happening, is that the German, especially early, gets the effect of:

Attack--->Success--->No Losses--->Experience gain.

Repeat. You are creating a success loop that aides only the attacker, and are getting extreme outcomes.

Here are a couple of items from the test game I have been running:

TOP: Weather. Rumanian attacking into USSR. Rumanian hex is clear, USSR is rain. Therefore, USSR is penalized 20%. This is partly a map issue, weather hex by hex, but creates an exploit for the attacker.

My opinion, you should change the weather to be an attacker ONLY penalty, and based on defenders hex.

MIDDLE: I set up a stupid attack for the USSR. Here, both units are attacking across the Dnieper, but are not incurring the across river penalty. This seems like a bug, but again, reinforces the attacker success loop.

BOTTOM: Loss scaling. Three German units attacking a USSR unit. The USSR unit occupies a level 3 fort, and has a 10% entrenchment level. USSR holds hex, and suffers 56,000 losses (3.8 strength) The Germans, 0 losses. You get these extreme outcomes based on the CRT. Note, this attack went off on the 7 column. Some of the casualty figures are "chrome" but the lack of attacker losses feeds the loop.

No Losses--->No need to reinforce--->Experience goes to 100.

Thanks

Attachments
LandOddities.jpg
LandOddities.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 60 times
doomtrader

RE: Land Oddities

Post by doomtrader »

TOP and MIDDLE will be patched as soon as possible.

Regarding the BOTTOM one, this is an issue we need to talk internally and I would like to hear others opinion.
There must be some rules that we are going to follow. No problem to give some casualties to 7:1 column in CRT, but making some exceptions will make the game rules more complicated.
Numdydar

RE: Land Oddities

Post by Numdydar »

Mkaing things more complex to achieve better results is fine by me [:)] However others may feel differently.

Return to “Tech Support”