Bug or am i stupid? Fueling issues, latest patch

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

jalapen0

Bug or am i stupid? Fueling issues, latest patch

Post by jalapen0 »

Hey all, im using legends, beta 1.0.7. Im having problems fueling my fleets. I tend to use the "refuel at nearest spaceport" order. When i use that order, they will travel to the nearest spaceport, maybe one ship will get fuel, and then the order will drop and the fleet will say waiting for orders. I have checked the station and I know ther is plenty of fuel available. If i manually order each individual ship, they get fuel no problem. The fleet order does not seem to work. I have tried with multiple fleets at multiple locations and i have the same problem.

Am i alone with this issue?

Thanks!
Spaghetty

RE: Bug or am i stupid? Fueling issues, latest patch

Post by Spaghetty »

Are you patient enough? :-) It tends to take it bit long.
Use all your well-learned politesse.
Or I'll lay your soul to waste.
w1p

Post by w1p »

I have this too, although it's rarely just ONE ship that refuels, normally 60% or 70% refuel and then they all just stop, even when there's spare fuel at the port...
Chet Guiles

Post by Chet Guiles »

I think it's a bug. My fleets do hinky things when I tell them to refuel, including going to places where there is no fuel -- or doing the partial refuel then sit around with their finger where the sun don't shine waiting for me to force them to go somewhere else. At times ehty get fixated on a particular "fueling station" and try not to leave, so I have to send them on a journey to nowhere, then force them to refuel at a different spot. Not always an issue, but when you assume they will refuel where there's plenty of Caslon (or Hydrogen) it's always a nuisance to have to go back and shepherd them around. Even when they have an experienced and presumably intelligent Fleet Admiral. I may be renaming some of these so-called admirals to be called "Gilligan".
jalapen0

Post by jalapen0 »

Ok so im not the only one that has fueling turn into a cluster. I can remember that under the previous expansion, this wasnt an issue for me. Wonder if its been reported yet? Its the only major headache i have with the game.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

No, it is not you. This is a very old problem...
It seldom is just one ship... but often times it is exactly as someone else describes above 30% to 90%.

It could be that the base in question DOES have enough fuel... but then civilian ships drag down the reserves BEFORE your military fleet gets there...
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Florestan

Post by Florestan »

The station must have enough fuel AND this fuel must not be reserved (Rsv column). When you know this, most of the situations turn to be a hiden case of “There is no fuel available for my tank”. Still, sometimes it seems there is unreserved fuel enough and some ship won't refuel…
Florestan

Post by Florestan »

I forget one thing that could be hugely optimized, the bases and ships opening, if only by filtering by the type of object you double clicked to get there. In the late game, on slower machines, it can take minutes to open…
Keston

Post by Keston »

It woulid be easier for the player to work around this if the right-clcik menu offered at Refuel at . . . option with the secondary menu listing location, distance and (expected) free fuel quantity so the player could pick a destination or split up the fleet among several.
Florestan

Post by Florestan »

It would definitely be an improvement.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”