DLC Scenarios?

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Raikkonen

DLC Scenarios?

Post by Raikkonen »

Are the scenarios in the DLCs able to be played individually? I have '39 and '40 but do not see the individual scenarios listed on the product page when I open the scenario list on the opening screen of the game.
VPaulus

RE: DLC Scenarios?

Post by VPaulus »

Yes. If you want to play for example "Oslo" from '39 DLC, you'll have to copy Oslo.pzloc and Oslo.pzscn (you found them in Panzer Corps\DLC\GC39\Data) to Documents\My Games\Panzer Corps\Scenario.
You then can select them through the custom option is the Scenario menu.
Please not that these scenarios, were balanced to be played in a campaign and not individually.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I was playing the 39 campaign and I think I am onto norway, it goes to the 1940 DLC now?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Scenario lists:

'39
  • Poznan
  • Danzig Corridor South
  • Danzig Corridor North
  • Lodz
  • Piatek
  • Wyszogrod
  • Kampinoska Forest
  • Modlin
  • Warsaw South
  • Warsaw North
  • Spoils of War
  • Oslo
  • LillehammerNarvik

'40
  • Eben-Emael
  • Albert Canal
  • The Hague
  • Sedan
  • Maubeuge
  • Arras
  • Calais
  • Stonne
  • Wassigny
  • Amiens
  • Dunkirk
  • Reims
  • DijonMaginot Line

'41
  • Belgrade
  • Metaxas Line
  • CreteAirborne
  • CreteNaval
  • Minsk41
  • Smolensk41
  • Zhitomir
  • Zhurivka
  • Zolotonosha
  • Ostrov
  • Novgorod
  • Leningrad41
  • Vyazma
  • Streets of MoscowDemyansk Pocket

'42
  • Vitebsk
  • Kharkov42
  • Simferopol
  • Sevastopol Siege
  • Sevastopol Assault
  • Voronezh
  • Novoanninsky
  • Ilovlya
  • Buzinovka Depot
  • Storming Stalingrad
  • Stalingrad Docks
  • Stalingrad Ruins
  • Kotelnikovo
  • Escape from StalingradTatsinkaya
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks Paulus, I ended up playing the game and when I finished it told me that I have the ability to move my units into 1940.  A good feature to have in this game if it could provide a running total of what units you lost in battles, what units you destroyed and hopefully some way to figure out what units have the bonuses,  I like the running tally of units killed/lossed and this would give you a goal to strive for.  I still like this game, easy to play and I hate AA

Ps.   Is everyone moving core units to the next DLC or starting from scratch?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I bet that most take the core with them. [:)]
HansHafen

Post by HansHafen »

Wish List item?
Johnus

Post by Johnus »

I don't understand how scenarios could be balanced as part of a campaign but not as free standing scenarios. If they are balanced as part of a campaign, they would need to be balanced from different starting points or "strength levels." If they are balanced for different starting points or strength levels, how could they be unbalanced when started from the historical (presumably "average") starting point or strength level?

Would it be major work to have these scenarios playable in the game menu without altering the game?
KerenskyLI

Post by KerenskyLI »

ORIGINAL: Johnnie

I don't understand how scenarios could be balanced as part of a campaign but not as free standing scenarios. If they are balanced as part of a campaign, they would need to be balanced from different starting points or "strength levels." If they are balanced for different starting points or strength levels, how could they be unbalanced when started from the historical (presumably "average") starting point or strength level?

Would it be major work to have these scenarios playable in the game menu without altering the game?

It's quite simple really. For the AI to function optimally, it requires some pretty heavily configuration. Reinforcement settings, pre-placed units, AI triggers, timing configuration, and so on. The DLC are designed as campaigns from the German perspective, so the Allied AI and starting force has been configured as such, but the German side has not because the German side has been configured to be played by a Human player.

Same reason the MP maps don't show up in the scenario list by default. There is no proper AI configuration built into any of those maps. Sure they're playable with the AI which is why you can move the scenarios if you want, but they aren't optimized for it.
marcus1870

Post by marcus1870 »

Question about the DLC Campaigns: Is there a progression if you are decisive or even marginal? Or are you doomed to play scenarios similar to history? I.E. no matter what you do, you will eventually be fighting in Berlin to the end?
KerenskyLI

Post by KerenskyLI »

The initial plan for the first run of 7 DLC is to follow a purely historical path (other than the occasional 'bonus' scenario that can be unlocked, such as Dunkirk).
After that, well I can't really say much about the future plans at this time.  :)
Rest assured that the system we have in place is very flexible with plenty of room for growth, so it is entirely feasible to see future content along the lines of historical battles in other threatres, campaigns as other nations, and of course ahistorical campaigns such as Sealion or USA.
Johnus

Post by Johnus »

KerenskyLI:

As per your post, if a scenario is played by a human axis player against an allied AI, the AI should then by "optimized" even if played alone rather than as part of a campaign. Correct?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: KerenskyLI

From the German perspective, I would say each scenario is configured on the same level as you have in the original campaign maps turned into scenarios.
Looking at some of the BETA 1942 maps... all the units are fairly up to date, but there definitely isn't any scenario of just placing all the best units. There are no Panzer IIs, or early variants of Panzer IIIs and IVs for example though.
Johnus

Post by Johnus »

VPaulus:

Is your post quoting KerenskyLi meant to answer my question (posed in the preceeding post?) If so, it does not. My question is not very complicated but I can't seem to get a yes or no. Please take this in the way I mean it. I'm not trying to be a wise ass.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

No problem with your question. [;)]
As far as I understand your question, he seems to be answering.
From the German perspective, I would say each scenario is configured on the same level as you have in the original campaign maps turned into scenarios.
The conclusion I take is, yes, as long as you play in the German side.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30695
I've run one of the DLC '39  earlier scenarios as a stand alone.  It  seemed all right. But as you may understand, I can't take many conclusions with only one scenario. The AI triggers are the same, the only difference will be the core.
But why don't you test it and take your own conclusions and tell us? Some people have already asked that question, but unfortunately never reported back.

Johnus

Post by Johnus »

Thanks. I will try.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Johnnie

Thanks. I will try.
And please, tell us your opinion[:)].
Johnus

Post by Johnus »

VPaulus:

When I go to documents\mygames\panzercorps\ I don't see "scenario." The files there are: log, save core, save and launcher.

Where is "scenario?"

Thank you.
Rood

Post by Rood »

You have the create the Scenario folder yourself if it does not exist!
Johnus

Post by Johnus »

Rood:

Thank you. Created the Scenario folder and it works.

Return to “Panzer Corps”