Some questions before buying

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

micha1100

Some questions before buying

Post by micha1100 »

I consider buying Panzer Corps. Since I currently have a very bad and unreliable internet connection at home I would download the file(s) at work, copy it onto a memory stick and install at home. Is there a reason why this might not work, most importantly, is an internet connection necessary to install the game? Roughly how big is the installation file? Are there any other files you recommend I should download for the game while I'm at it?
Thank you very much for helping me!
terje439

RE: Some questions before buying

Post by terje439 »

DL'ing to a mem stick is no problem, just remember that you need the serial code that comes with the confirmation email.

You should also DL the lateste patch as that one too is quite big.

The initial gamefile is around 440Mb, and the patch another 220Mb. If you also want the DLC, each of them are around 300-400MB each.

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Rood

Post by Rood »

PanzerCorpsWehrmacht-SetupRelease-v100.exe is 428 MB
PanzerCorpsWehrmacht-Update-v105.exe is 399 MB

I'm not sure if you need to have a internet connection when you install the game. Could be, so that they can check the serial, but I'm just not sure.

There are a few mods around with different soundfiles or unit graphics which can be quite large (50+ MB) but nothing you really need to play the game.
There's also new scenario's and such but those are generally very small in size (less than 1 MB).
buchand

Post by buchand »

I have the same problem re. internet but work download [or Wi Fi cafe etc as I have to do] are no problem. The activation code is the key when installing at home. Then check the forum for any updates and do the same with them.
When I lived in the UK with a 10Mb line Steam games were a PITA, now all my Total War CDs sit unused :( But Matrix games are booted up every night!!
Plan? What plan? Attack!!
micha1100

Post by micha1100 »

Thank you! I downloaded the installation file and the 1.05 update, installed and so far it works fine. The only thing I noticed is that the Euro prices seem a little unfair compared to the US$ ones (the campaigns even cost the same in $ and €) but I guess that's nothing to do with the game.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Panzer Corps”