Not able to issue commands

Post bug reports and ask for help with technical issues here.
buddylind

Not able to issue commands

Post by buddylind »

I have downloaded and istalled Watch on Rihne version 4.50.14. I have a strange situation where my units will not respond to any commands that I issue after clicking on the begin button. I right click, sellect a commnad like move or fire but nothing happens. They do react if attacked but they ignore all orders that I give. I have an old copy of A Bridge Too Far and it works just fine. I guess I'm doing something wrong but I haven't been able to find out what. Any ideas? Thanks.
Buddy
Andrew Williams

RE: Not able to issue commands

Post by Andrew Williams »

Mutiny?
ImageImage
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Buddy,

When you right click a unit I assume you are seeing the popup menu with all the commands on it, and you are left-clicking the command you want to use? If you do this for anything other than defend or ambush you should get a targeting or movement line stretching from the unit to your mouse cursor, which you can use to designate the target / destination for the command (using another left-click).

Note that if you right-click while the popup menu is up, you cancel the command and close the menu. So this could explain what you're seeing. Be sure to left-click once the menu is up.

Steve
buddylind

Post by buddylind »

Well, this is embarrassing. Now everything is working fine. Don't know what was going on, except maybe too much eggnog. Thanks to everyone who responded![;)]
Buddy

Return to “Tech Support”