My Review

Unity of Command lets you replay the epic conflict that was the Stalingrad Campaign of World War II. In this turn-based game of strategy and cunning, observe how opportunity leads the German army to advance recklessly into the steppes of southern Russia. And as the story unfolds, join the Soviet campaign to repel the invaders... As these legendary battles play out on the hex board, the tension of decision making and difficulties of conducting operations on a massive scale emerge. Command armies and fronts in maneuver warfare, thrust and encircle, capture cities and cross continents; but never, ever forget to watch your supply lines. The Red Turn expansion ads a gigantic Soviet expansion centered on the Kursk campaign.

Moderators: 2xTom, 2xPelin

Moltke71

My Review

Post by Moltke71 »

Jim Cobb
cherryfunk

RE: My Review

Post by cherryfunk »

I agree with you that the ability to zoom would really be helpful -- playing on high resolutions it can be difficult to see everything on the map.  If you disliked the 'bust' icons the NATO counters mod is a must.

I think you downplay the wonderful UI the game provides -- the cleanest, most modern I've seen in a long time, and one that deserves a long life with future expansions and new games...

sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Good review, and zoom would work for me also. Thanks Bismarck.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Thanks. I'm of two minds about the UI. Simple and that's always good but couldn't be more informative? Back to the zoom I guess.
Jim Cobb
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Nice review Jim and I have played the first scenario toward Vorenezh and have lost both times.  I wish the game had a email feature but lot of potential for this game on a grand scale

Return to “Unity of Command Series”