HUD4

Post content for the H3 Database here.
uncleharpoon

HUD4

Post by uncleharpoon »

This thread is for the newly updated and renamed HUD4.

This is being beta tested in conjunction with ANW v3.11.

Details here:
http://wiki.computerharpoon.com/index.p ... :ChangeLog
uncleharpoon

HUD 4 RELEASED

Post by uncleharpoon »

The production copy of HUD4.0 has been released! Many thanks to Gunny and Harold who built on the work of Darren Buckley.

As you may know the "HUD" has been the combined effort of many many developers over years. As indicated in the section header, many Harpoon luminaries have had a hand in the development of this database. In fact, it sourced other databases out there, usually without attribution. Regardless, HUD3 was very close to being finished when Darren Buckley suddenly died as a result of his longstanding battle with Diabetes. Gunny has taken up the charge and here he presents the first beta release of the HUD4 database. We were going to rename the database in Darren's honor but cooler heads prevailed and we are dedicating it to Darren and the other contributors.

Because we wanted to do something more concrete than giving a nod to Darren. We've connected with the Diabetes Research Foundation with the goal of raising $500 in Darrens' name. Here is the link: Donation/Download Link. This is also where the download link is located. Please consider making a small ($5.00 USD) donation in Darren's Honor.
Also note that HUD4 is also part of a forthcoming BattleSet based on Harold Hutchinson's book, Strike Group Reagan. If you are interested in lending a hand building scenarios, please let us know.
Release notes are here: Change Log

From Gunny:
Fixes: many issues on sensors (active type with no RD value, Offensive ECM behaving as Defensive ECM, directors without Max Tracks...), weapons (altitude/speed envelopes modified), loadouts (comm mismatches with launching planes), ships and subs: mismatches between mounts and magazines.
New platforms: sub-versions for some ships (French Tourville class), subs (Providence sub-Los Angeles class) and aircraft (JSF), new real-life ships (Lewis & Clark class, FREMM frigates for France, Italy, Morocco and Greece, KDX-III for Korea), future projects (French BRAVE future replenishment ships). Some fictional platforms such as the Type 48 destroyer for Royal Navy, Vladimir Putin and Catherine the Great classes of cruisers for Russia and many other.
Future projected items: paratroopers load out for many nations, mine hunters being developed

JSF

RE: HUD 4 RELEASED

Post by JSF »

Don,

great idea, to honor Darren in this way, thus helping others suffering from that disease.

Respect to Gunny for coming out that fast with HUD 4.
fguerin35

Post by fguerin35 »

ORIGINAL: JSF
Respect to Gunny for coming out that fast with HUD 4.

Thanks for your comments JSF. I don't think I was so "fast", it's been 4 months since HUD-4 was 1st launched, and never I could do it without Don's support, so as Larry Bond's input. Other credits should go to Harold Hutchinson (platform author and tester) and Mark Gellis (platform's requester and tester).

FG
JRyan

Post by JRyan »

Just saw the link, was at $245........

Its a bit higher now....
But By Grace Go I.......

Return to “H3 Database and Scenarios”