Western Front Boot camp 1

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

AstroBlues

Western Front Boot camp 1

Post by AstroBlues »

I re-read the manual and learned some things like assualting with the move mode on not the fire mode. In boot camp 1 of the Western front I got to assualt the German machine gun nest with one unit and the leader. The rest left. After the assualt the Germans were still there. I bombarded the nest with mortar fire until the 2nd to last turn of the scenario, then assualted. The problem I had was that the units rushed the nest, and did not have enough action points to assualt. I had to wait a turn before assualting and two of my units were fired upon left.

I got that far and will try some more tomorrow night. This is a cool game and I think after playing some more of the boot camp I will try live play if somebody would be patient and give some pointers to me.
Jason Petho

RE: Western Front Boot camp 1

Post by Jason Petho »

That's great to hear, Ronster! Glad you're enjoying the game so far. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason Petho
marcbarker

RE: Western Front Boot camp 1

Post by marcbarker »

count me in bubba...great news! you will find this a great game. wait till you play with the engineers and smioke, artillery, aircraft strikes. you will find this is a very diverse and challenging game. If I can help or play you let me know....merry christmas

Marc
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”