US Factory Upgrades

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

aoffen

US Factory Upgrades

Post by aoffen »

My game has just moved into Feb 43 and I have 3 aircraft factories which produce aircraft that all expire at the end of Jan 43. The B-25C upgrades to the B-25D1, the B-24 Lib upgrades to the B-24D1 and the mighty Wirraway upgrades to the Boomerang. The factories are in LA, San Diego and Melbourne, all have upgrade set to on, but none have upgraded and are still showing the old aircraft but are not producing. Does anyone know what is going on? Do they not upgrade or switch at some random time in the future or what is the story? The manual is silent on US aircraft factories as ar as I can tell.
Rgds
Andrew
n01487477

RE: US Factory Upgrades

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: aoffen

My game has just moved into Feb 43 and I have 3 aircraft factories which produce aircraft that all expire at the end of Jan 43. The B-25C upgrades to the B-25D1, the B-24 Lib upgrades to the B-24D1 and the mighty Wirraway upgrades to the Boomerang. The factories are in LA, San Diego and Melbourne, all have upgrade set to on, but none have upgraded and are still showing the old aircraft but are not producing. Does anyone know what is going on? Do they not upgrade or switch at some random time in the future or what is the story? The manual is silent on US aircraft factories as ar as I can tell.
Rgds
Andrew

As with the Japanese, air factory conversions take some time, it is random. The Japanese player has the option of forcing this upgrade, the Allied player does not. I've had factories convert on the first day and some almost a month later...

Patience - it will happen.
aoffen

Post by aoffen »

.....but I want them now
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Can you actually stop the US from upgrading and force the continuation of a production line?
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

Can you actually stop the US from upgrading and force the continuation of a production line?

Yes.

Alfred
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

Not an allied player, but I thought the end date stopped production... If not then you can IIRC stop the upgrade.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

You can click "no" to upgrades and that particular Allied factory will not upgrade and will continue producing the older model. (as long as that type of airplane is due to be produced) However, I can't think of one Allied plane that you would not want to upgrade. Perhaps the P38J to the L model since the L model is a bit slower, but I personally would not bother since it just creates a logistical problem.

Leave all your factories to "yes" it should be one thing the Allied player need never worry about. This is why Jafanboys get gray hair...[;)]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
aoffen

Post by aoffen »

Well....
I have reached Feb15th in game time and still no upgrades after 15 days. Am I just unlucky?
Regards
Andrew
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Well....
I have reached Feb15th in game time and still no upgrades after 15 days. Am I just unlucky?
Regards
Andrew
You live in Brisbane -- of course you're unlucky! [;)] When MichaelM comes back maybe he can have a look at this cause it is a little unfair to the Allies now that the Japanese can do it manually.
aoffen

Post by aoffen »

Hey! Watch it boyo. I seem to recall you may have once fled this fair region for the kimchee swilling land of the far north. Just remember and be proud.....we gave the country KRudd and Swanny.

Hmmmm. Thinking about it.......maybe your right.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Hey! Watch it boyo. I seem to recall you may have once fled this fair region for the kimchee swilling land of the far north. Just remember and be proud.....we gave the country KRudd and Swanny.

Hmmmm. Thinking about it.......maybe your right.
Funny though - I'm itching to get home right now as it's been over a year since I saw the family ... and about 10 years since I went to England and then onto Korea. Funny thing is that that joy and anticipation quickly leaves my body as I get my passport stamped and see I have 2 more hrs to clear customs.(No joke).

Still, it'll be nice to relax, grab a 500g Eye fillet and few beers by the river. And with that all my money will be blown in a day [;)]

Cheers and have a good Xmas

(It rarely snows in Busan(Fusan)) but at least it cures a post Xmas hangover
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Funny though - I'm itching to get home right now as it's been over a year since I saw the family ... and about 10 years since I went to England and then onto Korea. Funny thing is that that joy and anticipation quickly leaves my body as I get my passport stamped and see I have 2 more hrs to clear customs.(No joke).
Merry Christmas and Happy Homecoming!
Pax
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Good, thanks Alfred...
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Actually I like the P40B as a fighter more than the P40E!
jrcar

Post by jrcar »

Andrew you don't deserve new toys, you aren't looking after the ones you've got!

Regards

Rob :)
AE BETA Breaker
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Merry Christmas and Happy Homecoming!
Thanks Pax -
won't get home for Xmas but we'll have a late one end of Jan.

All the best to you and your family as well as all the forum members

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”