Why should I buy CC: The Longest Day...

Based on Atomic Games’ award-winning Close Combat series, Close Combat: The Longest Day brings together the classic top-down tactical gameplay from the original series and plenty of new features, expansions, and improvements! The Longest Day remake comes with a brand new Grand Campaign that covers all the airborne and beach landings, expanded map sizes, new hand-drawn historical maps, illumination during night battles and much more!
TomBombadil711

Why should I buy CC: The Longest Day...

Post by TomBombadil711 »

...when I already have CC: Invasion Normandy?

What are the differences between both games? I have just bought Cross of Iron and like it very much. Is The Longest Day another good choice or should I rather buy one of the other titles and if yes, which one?

Thanks for your opinions!
Tejszd

RE: Why should I buy CC: The Longest Day...

Post by Tejszd »

Of the other CC re-releases TLD is probably the best bet right now.

WAR - follows a single battle and takes CC4/CC5 improving upon it (BG can't move without fuel, BG's can be forced to retreart, etc.)
TLD - follows a single battle and takes WAR improving upon it (adds random entry VL for paratroopers, adds night battles, etc.)
LSA - has the most features and will probably become the best CC with another patch (adds BG stacking, ability for troops to run under a bridge and on a bridge, ability to set specific entry VL's for BG's in the scenario editor for a single battle, etc.)

Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

Also all 3 are expanded to include 64 maps instead of the old 44 odf CC5

Both LSA and tLD have long thin strat maps not giving much lattitude strategically.

tLD and LSA can have the very large battle maps and a couple are included.

WaR has a better strategic map to try different tactics  ie. a double envelopment is possible.
ImageImage
Southernland

Post by Southernland »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

WaR has a better strategic map to try different tactics  ie. a double envelopment is possible.

And lotsa tanks [:D]
¡¡ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯɐ ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
TomBombadil711

Post by TomBombadil711 »

Thanks for your comments on the different titles. As Normandy interests me most TLD will be my next game in the series.

Return to “Close Combat: The Longest Day”