COTA PLATAMON

This forum is for bug reports and support requests.

Moderator: Arjuna

Phoenix100

COTA PLATAMON

Post by Phoenix100 »

I realise this isn't for COTA, but no one checks the COTA forum anymore, I assume, so I thought I would try asking this here. I just played through the 'Blunting the Spear' scenario at Platamon Tunnel (as Allies) and it was a great little scenario - I've never completed it before. Very easy to control because so small. The AI did some great things - for example, on Day 3, as the retreat from the castle ridge above the tunnel seemed inevitable, the AI (not waiting for that) moved my arty unit further back, so it was already in position when the battallion withdrew. I suppose it might have been responding to the enemny moving close to minimum range - not sure - but it seemed to be anticipating.

Anyway - THE QUESTION: I won a decisive victory. This seemed to be partly because I was showing as holding the tunnel and track objectives long after I was no where near them and the enemy were swarming all over them. I had not completed the objective. I had, I think 18 out of 25, roughly, on one, and something similar on the other, so is this a bug?

Thanks, if anyone at Panther, or elsewhere, can be bothered to answer, whilst we're waiting for ther patch, I mean....
Arjuna

RE: COTA PLATAMON

Post by Arjuna »

Well actually I check the forums every day, so I have moved tis one back here. The victory level is detewrmined by the differential between your VPs and those of the enemy. If the diff is 50 or more you get a decisive victory. So in this case the enemy must have been doing very badly. Congrats!
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Thanks Dave. But about the 'tunnel' and the 'track' objectives showing right through to the end as being mine, when, in fact, I lost them, and the enemy occupied them at the beginning of Day 3, roughly? Here's a pic showing it for the tunnel objective. As you see, it's shown as mine, but I'm no where near it, and the enemy have it, in fact? Is this ok?

Attachments
Untitled.gif
Untitled.gif (129.02 KiB) Viewed 363 times
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

mmm. That's not a very clear pic, but how do I squeeze the shot into 200kb, I wonder? Can you see what I mean, Dave?
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

This better?

Attachments
Untitled.gif
Untitled.gif (185.41 KiB) Viewed 363 times
Lieste

Post by Lieste »

It is a 'bridge' (actually tunnel, but hey what's the difference) and you denied it to the enemy (blew it up before it was occupied).
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Ah!! Thanks Lieste. Seems like I did win fairly, then. Amazing.
Golf33

Post by Golf33 »

I'm a bit late to the party - but the reason the scenario victory conditions are set up that way is because it's how the Kiwis effectively 'won' the real battle. If I recall the official histories correctly (it's been a fair while), it was a particularly brave effort as their engineers were very low on explosives and were not at all sure they would be able to collapse the tunnel.
Steve Golf33 Long
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Thanks Golf33. You were the designer? It was a great little scenario, I thought. I enjoyed both as Germans and Kiwis, and, in the end, was able to win as both. Against the AI, that is. I doubt it would be so simple against the AI in its present iteration (in patched BFTB), which I'm finding much more aggressive, somehow, or, at least, much more stubborn. When I won this scenario as Germans it was enough, I found, to rush the tunnel on masse, with 'move' orders - that overwhelmed the kiwis. defending seems more determined in the new iteration, I think.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Hey thanks Steve. It's good to see you popping in. Have a great Xmas mate.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Return to “Conquest of the Aegean Support”