'Control Restricted Resources Priority'

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

soilwork595

'Control Restricted Resources Priority'

Post by soilwork595 »

I keep getting negative feedback from other races because they said I refuse to trade valuable resources to them. I think the 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' option is the thing to fix it, but not sure. Do i set the priority 'low' to trade almost anything to any races, and keep 'high' to keep it all for myself?
Gelatinous Cube

RE: 'Control Restricted Resources Priority'

Post by Gelatinous Cube »

Ooh, good idea. I always thought it was for your constructors, and to tell them how high they should prioritize building mines on worlds with those resources.

Or both? I'd like to know.
soilwork595

Post by soilwork595 »

Yeah I'm not sure what it does. I'd like to know how to trade valuable resources to other races. But you could be right, I never thought of that option either
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

My guess - I mod that way - is that the AI wants to have it and combined with the "go to war" chance will most likely ensure they will priorize colonies with that. Furthermore they will be more reluctant to trade them - higher necessary approval beforehand.
One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
Dab42

Post by Dab42 »

ORIGINAL: soilwork595

I keep getting negative feedback from other races because they said I refuse to trade valuable resources to them. I think the 'Control Restricted Resources Priority' option is the thing to fix it, but not sure. Do i set the priority 'low' to trade almost anything to any races, and keep 'high' to keep it all for myself?

AFAIK
The 'restricted' resources referred to are only Loros Fruit, Korabian Spice and Zentabia Fluid.
You allow trade with other empires in those 3 resources via the check box on the diplomacy screen.

When you select an empire on the diplomacy screen, the check box is on the bottom.

The options in the policy settings won't have any effect if you are controlling diplomacy manually.
Gelatinous Cube

Wait, wait.. does this mean that Research Priority and Exploration Priority are also diplomatic? I'd be interested in knowing just how off I am on some of these settings, and what they do.
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

It's not diplomatic, it's a race policy. It definies a peoples character.

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
Gelatinous Cube

ORIGINAL: Nedrear

It's not diplomatic, it's a race policy. It definies a peoples character.

I'm talking about the Empire Policy settings, and what they specifically affect. For example, the restricted resources priority drop-down menu. Does it affect your auto-constructors and auto-fleets to make sure that the Spice Will Flow? Or does it affect your auto-diplo and its' willingness to trade these resources? Or both?

Or is it purposefully ambiguous? I could live with that.
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

It will definetly let your constructors grab these ressources on a higher priority than they already do... it will further incline your advisors - or the AI - to ask to trade it from other empires...
If it prevents one race from trading it more likely and going to war for it in contrast to the warpriority, I don't know. I assume it.

Gelatinous Cube

So, in your observation, it controls multiple facets of the AI's gameplay decisions? If that is what you are trying to say, I agree, and I think I have seen the same thing. But it is hard to say with this game sometimes.
soilwork595

Post by soilwork595 »

So what consists of 'Restricted Resources'?  You're telling me the empire setting will allow you to prioritize what resources to get first by your construction ships?  You are also telling me it affects what items we trade?  I'm kinda lost still.
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

The empire policy does not only steer your behavior, it is an AI routine in general. You can manage your AI in automation with the help of it or tweak your enemies a notch... in a mod for example. Therefore these settings of course influnce their whole gameplay.

soilwork595

Post by soilwork595 »

ORIGINAL: Nedrear

The empire policy does not only steer your behavior, it is an AI routine in general. You can manage your AI in automation with the help of it or tweak your enemies a notch... in a mod for example. Therefore these settings of course influnce their whole gameplay.

I get that, but still doesn't answer my question
Gelatinous Cube

Restricted resources are only the Loros Fruit, Zentabia Fluid, Korabbian Spice, and.. is there another one? I think there might be, but I'm having a brain fart.

They are super rare, and incredibly healthy for your worlds and your economy. The big question is what exactly does the AI do when you set the priority to High or Very High?

Return to “The War Room”