Matrix games are worth supporting

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

wozza

Matrix games are worth supporting

Post by wozza »

I haven't played DW for awhile due to other commitments however i plan to play it soon. I also have purchased the box version of Legends.

Though i might not be playing the game right now but i always like to support Matrix and the developers. And the reason why i support Matrix and other companies like them they treat you like a customer this is something that is lacking from the big gaming companies like EA, 2K, and activision Blizzard who make flash bang games but don't treat you like a customer or don't offer you support or make you jump through hoops with there wasteful DRM so you can play the game. No hassle gaming no Steam and no activations from Matrix.

I will continue to support Matrix in the future.
Gelatinous Cube

RE: Matrix games are worth supporting

Post by Gelatinous Cube »

I concur.
J HG T

Post by J HG T »

We concur.
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
mbar

Post by mbar »

I concur vehemently!! [;)]

One thing you notice when you're done playing a matrix game is how much fun you had learning how to PLAY the game. I don't very often need to learn how to install the game, activate the game, or get the game running.

DW got me here but Matrix games keeps me here. [&o]
Bison36

Post by Bison36 »

Yes. And then you wake up one day and realize that you have purchased half of their game catalogue. Next you realize that you do not have enough time to play them all in this lifetime. Great company. Great support. Great community.
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

I concur.
Manzikert

Post by Manzikert »

I have been very happy with all of my Matrix games purchases, which is not something I can say for many other places.
StarWolf

Post by StarWolf »

Amen!
the1sean

Post by the1sean »

Great products, amazing support and updates, and a real connection with the community combine to produce a stellar gaming experience. Thanks again!
jomni

Post by jomni »

Great company despite my gripes about the new distribution system and website features / limitations.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

I have never seen customer service like this... that is the amazing part of this company.
I would be curious to know how many employees are actually a part of Matrix.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
HectorOfTroy

Post by HectorOfTroy »

I concur with the above concurments made by other fine and distingushed members of the forum.
wozza

Post by wozza »

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

I have never seen customer service like this... that is the amazing part of this company.
I would be curious to know how many employees are actually a part of Matrix.
The way the developers and Matrix interact with users on the forums is second to none. Also the support is fantastic with the devs listening the users what should be put into patches. One thing you never have to beg for patches and they come out fairly quickly and with the big gaming companies you will be lucky if you even get a patch and if you do it will take them months to do it.

I would be interested to know what the piracy rate is on Matrix compared to the big gaming companies i imagine it would be pretty low. There are all sorts of reasons why we have piracy including the DRM. Because Matrix look after there customers and make good games and no DRM i think the Piracy would be a lot lower.
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Gelatinous Cube »

Only from Pirates who don't do it for a living. The vast majority of pirates aren't gamers just looking to get a free game, but instead they're people who make a living selling these pirated games. If you're ever travelling in the middle east, you can see TONS of pirated movies and video games in every shop, dirt cheap.
adecoy95

Post by adecoy95 »

i would totally support distant worlds right now if they accepted paypal atm, but they dont.

i wish they used steam, using your own system is cool and all, but your companies bank suddenly rejecting paypal during the holiday season with almost no notice? that is downright destructive.
Keston

Post by Keston »

Yes, Matrix is worth supporting.
ORIGINAL: adecoy95

i wish they used steam, using your own system is cool and all, but your companies bank suddenly rejecting paypal during the holiday season with almost no notice? that is downright destructive.

Having used Steam for a number of games and having suffered from infuriating repeated failures of their settings to NOT automatically update my games (kept resetting itself to auto-update, so mods/savegames were rendered useless), I classified it as a malicious application in order to play those games. I won't get games any longer through Steam even at huge discounts or if they are the sole source.

Here I can update as needed - just need to know if the update is savegame compatible.
MisterBenn

Post by MisterBenn »

I am new but have to concur based on what I've seen so far. I confess that the original trailers for Distant Worlds didn't pull me in (they confirmed it was a 4X but IMO didn't realy communicate any distinguishing features at the time), it wasn't until Legends came out and I saw some of the YouTube videos that I realised I had to sign up. In a genre where all entrants have similar scope and features, the value lies in the details - the chief selling points of Distant Worlds are the ambitious scope (the amount of detail in the game mechanics along with how well conceived and implemented they are) along with flexibility in the level of automation to keep things managable. Add to that the stability and quality of support I've seen and this is a delightful purchase. These things weren't apparent from the trailers, DW needs as many engaging Let's Play and AARs on YouTube as can be mustered!
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

That's a good point, MisterBenn. The Let's Plays and the AARs in this forum all "grabbed" me more than the game's official trailers. The trailers are nicely-done, but watching a gamer like Das grapple with the game made me realize: whoa, there's a ton of decision-making here. I like games with interesting decisions.

And yes, the customer support here is outstanding. Does Erik ever sleep? :)
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

I agree, Matrix has the best customer support from any gaming company I've ever come across, also the friendliest, most helpful and mature forum community too.

And Keston I share your gripe with Steam auto-updating even when you tell it not too.  This recently happened in Skyrim, i can't believe they added DRM in a patch after release, and forced you to DL it even if you had auto-update off [:D]
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
Keston

Post by Keston »

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

also the friendliest, most helpful and mature forum community too.

You're right! It's so civilized that I did not even notice the absence of forum barbarism.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”