supply

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

zoot

supply

Post by zoot »

one more question and I will be silent for awhile. Is it a game bug or game design that a unit that is isolated from supply, no friendly hexs next to it, can rebuild to max strength in one turn or any turn. This happens in the desert and cities. If it is a game design then there is no real reson to have mech units as it will just be a slug fest between inf. I can find nothing to explaine this in the rules and it seems to to be a strange situation.
zoot
thomas cook
doomtrader

RE: supply

Post by doomtrader »

Possibility of reinforcing unit depends, on the actual supply level. By default any unit with supply above 25 ( ma vary for some countries) and stationed at the own territory can be supplied to full strength.

Are talking about situation, where you as Germany surrounded a unit and enemy has reinforced the unit in the same turn to full strength? If yes then this is WAD. If the situation is different, then I'm going to need more detailed information, with save game probably.
zoot

Post by zoot »

Here is the situation, a unit is isolated, not surrounded. It is attacked and is reduced from 4 to 1 point, 5-10 hexes from the neaest friendly hex, the next turn it is at full strength. I do not think from a game play or reality view that this is correct. Men and meterial cannot be replaced that quickly to out of supply units, or are they really out of supply. Does a unit have to be surrounded to be truly out of supply?
zoot
thomas cook
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Turn based games, are simulating period of time, where countries are moving one after another, but this happends in the same time. It is not like the Germans are moving on Monday and Tuesday, Allies on Wednesday and Thursday, USSR on Friday and Saturday and Neutrals on Sunday. All moves are done during the whole week, but not everybody are moving at the same time.
So if you are damaging Soviets as Germany in turn 8, and cutting them off, they are still able to reinforce during their turn 8.

For more details about enemy supply and effectiveness, you can temporary turn off FOW and compare that.
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

Yes, units need to be cut off from supply or extremely far for a supply depot.

Just because the AI is alone and away from other units does not mean as commander it has not told logistics where they are located. Then supply is delivered to troops.

Would you have it any other way?
slug71a

Post by slug71a »

Just an observation here.  Playing as England, I've noticed that France still has not surrendered (It's Feb. 1941), although Paris is under Axis control as is essentially the whole country.  There seem to be several cities (Le Harve, Brest, Orleans, Vichy, Nantes, Metz, and 1-2 more) that are completely isolated and have been for like 8-9 months.  Yet every turn the units in these cities reinforce to full strength and repel the next inevitable German attack.  If this is how the game is supposed to work, I'm ok with that.  It just seems odd that an isolated unit like that could keep replenishing soldiers, food, munitions, etc.  Even if the city in question had an armaments production facility, wouldn't they steel need to import raw materials?  Also, assuming that the isolated units are fleshing out the ranks from people within the city, it wouldn't be too long before you had to draft women, children, and old men........who would not be nearly as effective combatants.  Is the supply system working properly here for completely isolated cities?    
zoot

Post by zoot »

I am talking about attacking an isolated unit several times in a row of turns, 3 to be exact , reducing it to one point and the next turn have it back up to max every time.I find this questionable.
zoot
thomas cook
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Could you please tell me what is the supply level of those units?

This is the value that the possible level of reinforcement is depended.

Return to “Time of Fury”