Resource Extraction Cap

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Trifler

RE: Ressource Extraction Cap

Post by Trifler »

Great info! I've been running two Mining Engines or one Gas Extractor so they'd both have a rating of 6, and thus be on equal footing, but after reading this, it makes a lot more sense.
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

Well I too read about the "gas extractor improvement" and find it useless as this one was powerful enough. MAYBE you need now less. Maybe not. I don't use the Beta Patches and wait for the first official one.
One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

Now I will never get to use 5 extractors on a resupply ship.
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

Gas extractor efficiency revised for 1.7.0.6. Three extractors are now an ordinary solution instead of a financial risk on low percentage worlds with a loss of only 4,6% through cap waste. Mines are unchanged and are supposed to be three for efficiency and four for yield.

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

Gee you're quick. [:)]

The 'race abilities' example needs updating to reflect the increased extractor rate.
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

Done

balto

Post by balto »

Related topic. Does it help to throw on a Mining thing onto Spaceports? If so, how many?
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

Same rule and amount applies (4 for yield, 3 for efficiency in concern to money / ressource). Don't forget the commerce center to sell it. Difference is: You pay for the mine if it is a state spaceport, not the private sector.

balto

Resource Extraction Cap

Post by balto »

Wow, excellent point about the State vs Private paying for it.

Is this a correct follow-on to what you are saying -- if you have a colony at a place where there is Loros, Xentaba, or Korabbian.., maybe you should pile on lots of Extractors to the Space Port. Else, maybe leave all the mining to the commercial?

Nedrear

RE: Resource Extraction Cap

Post by Nedrear »

That's moronic. The source can only mined the same amount it got. 30% Korribean spice will yield 30 a week with 4 extractors on tech level 1 and 27 with 3.
Check your colony... it is likely they already mine the cap.

Gandalf

RE: Resource Extraction Cap

Post by Gandalf »

Say you have a Gas Giant Planet with: 63% Caslon, 44% Hydrogen, 56% Helium, 15% Argon

Does your efficiency of 3 mean that a Gas Mining Station with 3 Gas Extractors mines all 4 resources most efficiently or do you have to have 3 gas extractors for EACH separate resource to achieve the max efficency. i.e. 12 Extractors. I'm really thinking it's 3 gas extractors but I'm a little confused and want to be sure I got it right.

Also, a related question since the above planet has Caslon:

Suppose over time that the Cargo Holds of this particular Gas Mining station are filled to capacity and along comes a fleet that refuels using all the Caslon at that station. During the ensuing mining process, would the newly emptied cargo space fill up only with the just removed Caslon or would it fill up with proportional amounts of all the gases being mined... leading eventually to less room for Caslon proportionally?
Member since January 2007 (as Gray_Lensman)

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Computering since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

ORIGINAL: Nedrear

And a planet with three mining ressources needs still only four extractors and will yield as demanded all ressources at the same time.

Therefore the Cargo Bay will equally fill with all ressources again, making a planet without used gases a more and more useless fueling station. Elliot should allow to decide what to mine and to which limit - e.g. not more than 1500 in total etc.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Thanks... Sorry that I missed that above.

Bison36

Post by Bison36 »

And a planet with three mining ressources needs still only four extractors and will yield as demanded all ressources at the same time.

Therefore the Cargo Bay will equally fill with all ressources again, making a planet without used gases a more and more useless fueling station. Elliot should allow to decide what to mine and to which limit - e.g. not more than 1500 in total etc.

This would make my head explode trying to manage after I setup my first mine.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

ORIGINAL: Bison36

This would make my head explode trying to manage after I setup my first mine.

It could be worse... Imagine your prime attack fleet stopping by for a refuel... Sorry, no Caslon, how about some Argon instead?

Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

Furthermore Elliot can simply put in, that it can automanage. So you can put into race policy: "On worlds with hydrogen and caslon, always priorize 2/3 of the storage for them." With a check of yes or no. That way you can enjoy the rest and leave our micromanagement to us happy micromanaging people.

Keston

Post by Keston »

I was naively assuming the mining activity was responsive to local military demand and market demand and to price trends, so something in a glut not being hauled away would stop being mined and might be dumped to make room for something that is in demand. It should work something like that way. Override prioritization settings for individual facilities would be nice on top of that.
Sithuk

Post by Sithuk »

We should be able to check some late stage game saves to see if gas mining station holds are filling up with the less used resource.

The same point holds true for mining stations on any multiple resource location. For example, steel, and two much less in demand resources. Does the mining station cargo hold fill up with the less in demand resources as the steel is drawn away? Eventually no more space for any steel?
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

Yes no more place for any steel. At least not in reserve... it can still be mined "of hand".

randal7

Post by randal7 »

I thought this was fixed way back in the first version - each resource was allotted a proportional space, i.e. three resources, max 33% of cargo space for any given one. If not, this needs to be reported as a bug.

Return to “The War Room”