Guess tha campaign

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Grymme

Guess tha campaign

Post by Grymme »

Well, sometimes i relax by painting ATG maps while watching TV (aint i a geed). Sometimes i use the maps later, but often they stay unused. This basicly means i have a lot of ATG maps laying around.

So lets see if people can guess what campaign each map is supposed to fit with. Some might be pretty easy, but atleast one or two is a little bit more difficult.

Map 1

Attachments
guess2.jpg
guess2.jpg (200.95 KiB) Viewed 477 times
My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G
Grymme

RE: Guess tha campaign

Post by Grymme »

Map 2

Attachments
Guess4.jpg
Guess4.jpg (489.45 KiB) Viewed 472 times

Grymme

Post by Grymme »

Map 3

Attachments
guess1.jpg
guess1.jpg (264.53 KiB) Viewed 472 times

Grymme

Post by Grymme »

map 4

Attachments
guess5.jpg
guess5.jpg (480.95 KiB) Viewed 472 times

JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

The last one is obviously Tunis.

How do you make those screenshots? Do you merge multiple of them or is there another way of doing it?
Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

Oh, and second one is defo for the Boehr Wars.
Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

Meanwhile you could try to guess what rivers are presented here?

Attachments
rivers.jpg
rivers.jpg (149.76 KiB) Viewed 472 times
Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn
Grymme

Post by Grymme »

I open the automatic screenshots in the screenshot folder (from enabling that game option) and if they are to large i make a screen print of them in 50% to reduce size.

By the way i have beeen meaning to ask you. What scenario/mod is your screenshot in the signature from? The NATO-counter looks like it could come from the NATO set i uploaded, but the names of the SFTs doesnt match any Soviet/Russian scenario or mod i know of.

As for your screenshot, that is a tough one without any other terrain features. My guess would be in Ukraine somewhere.

JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

ORIGINAL: Grymme

I open the automatic screenshots in the screenshot folder (from enabling that game option) and if they are to large i make a screen print of them in 50% to reduce size.

Oh, I have never tried that. Have to test it soon!
By the way i have beeen meaning to ask you. What scenario/mod is your screenshot in the signature from? The NATO-counter looks like it could come from the NATO set i uploaded, but the names of the SFTs doesnt match any Soviet/Russian scenario or mod i know of.

It's from my own projects, which are never finished. Counters are from your set, some of them modified.
As for your screenshot, that is a tough one without any other terrain features. My guess would be in Ukraine somewhere.

I'll make a bigger screenshot and it will be obvious...
Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

For some reason automatic screenshots don't work for the above scen. Perhaps because it is over 200 hexes in height and width? There is multitude of other ss's because the option has been on...

Anyhow, there are the bends of Donets and Don, with a bit of Volga showing on the upper right corner. It is a part of a bigger map made from scratch. Only coastlines, rivers and lakes have been added so far.

Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

Since automatic screenshot didn't work, here's the strategical map of the area I've been working on. The scale is 10kms per hex.

Attachments
stratmap.jpg
stratmap.jpg (84.42 KiB) Viewed 472 times
Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn
Grymme

Post by Grymme »

As someone who has himself done a 10km map of the Eastern front you have my symphaties for trying. It took me three months to make my map.

As for making screenshots Rulewar 878 enables automatic screenshots even on maps larger than 200 hexes.

Attachments
FITEscreen.jpg
FITEscreen.jpg (164.65 KiB) Viewed 472 times

JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

As for making screenshots Rulewar 878 enables automatic screenshots even on maps larger than 200 hexes.

Thanks for the info!

Here's my current effort (20%) with most rivers on NE areas yet missing.

Attachments
wite.jpg
wite.jpg (448.05 KiB) Viewed 472 times
Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

Here's my earlier, discontinued effort at 16 kms per hex showing some more info, like (unfinished) railroad network.

Attachments
16km.jpg
16km.jpg (477.08 KiB) Viewed 472 times
Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

Sorry Grymme for hijacking your thread, but now I have most of the rivers and lakes ready. I've been thinking of using road hexes instead of separate roads. Some of them have been outlined with light brownish colour.

I'll start my own thread for this sometime later...

Attachments
20.jpg
20.jpg (438.18 KiB) Viewed 472 times
Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Did you use a satellite image as a source ?
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

Did you use a satellite image as a source ?

No, thanks for asking. It's a Soviet map from 1940. Some of the bigger rivers have different profiles (reservois) in modern maps.
Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

Grymme's 1: Eastern Seaboard of either the United States or British North America depending on date
Grymme's 2: Eastern South Africa
Grymme's 3: Don't know
Grymme's 4: Eastern Algeria and Tunisia

Keke's river system: The rivers between the Volga and the Urals where there was a lot of fighting during the Russian Civil War. There was an article on this in last month's "Battlefleet" http://www.navalwargamessociety.org/battlefleet.html .

When you guys are drawing huge maps do you use rivers and railway lines as the skeleton or frame on which to hang the rest of the detail?
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

ORIGINAL: CSO_Talorgan
When you guys are drawing huge maps do you use rivers and railway lines as the skeleton or frame on which to hang the rest of the detail?

I use an overlay map for everything.

Below is what I managed to with the map before holidays. I extended it to the south and north a bit.

Attachments
WarInThe..round1_a.jpg
WarInThe..round1_a.jpg (441.21 KiB) Viewed 473 times
Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”