No way to finish the bear in 1941?

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

felixckw

No way to finish the bear in 1941?

Post by felixckw »

In the original PG and PC, you can completely defeat the USSR in 1941 by capturing Moscow early enough. However, in the GC 41, you have to withdraw from Moscow even if you get a decisive victory in the scenario Streets of Moscow, it is impossible to finish the war in east in 1941. Is it only for the sake of GC42?
felixckw

RE: No way to finish the bear in 1941?

Post by felixckw »

For the same reason, I can assume the Germans can never totally defeat the Bear in this game because there will be GC42 to GC45, right?
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Just a thought, the year 1942 really needs to have a second front, eg the Western Desert, even 1941. There was lots of war around other than eastern front in 1941/42. I know 41 just doesn't focus on the east, battles in Greece, Balkans Crete etc, but 42 appears to be Russia exclusively. Whatever follows in 1943 still leaves a lot of important WWII battles missed in 1942. LZ there is any thoughts on how to address this?
Formerly Goodwood

Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

I hope they make a western front(desert) one ...At least im hoping so...I am getting burned out on yet another eastern front-centric product.....
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Funny how all these capaigns are being produced and they come in at $5.00 a pop and it would have been nice if some of this was included in the original game.  I like the game but it makes me wonder, oh well as long as the product is supported
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Both the Western Front and Africa will get their proper attention, that is all we can say at this point.
andrewmazlim

Post by andrewmazlim »

As far as I'm concern, I never interested for the russian front (except Stalingrad/Leningrad battles - and Kursk tank battle), but I was always VERY interested for Central Europe/Northern Europe/Balkans campaigns, as much as (of course!) I was for the AFRICA campaign!!!

So, till now (I'm still fighting the bloody... Cretans/Zealanders/Australians, in Crete!), I'm quite happy from '41 - I'm playing the Balkans.

OF COURSE, I have few strong objections! You Developers guys, didn't paid the proper attention to Balkans campaign, because I was expecting to fight the YUGOSLAVIANS too (Partizans!) and the main Greece land's campaign was TOO SHORT!!! There was only the "Metaxa's Line" battle and the capture of several Greek cities (including Thessalonika), but... where is the REST GREECE??? Wasn't too easy to continue south (between Thermopylae's passage) and finally capture the capitol, Athens. So, why you dismissed this part of the Greek campaign???
"Never in the field of human conflict, has so much, been owed by so many, to so few!"
HansHafen

Post by HansHafen »

The DLC's are a good deal at 5 bucks a pop. Remember, you have to pay for quality.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

As I've said before, think of how long it would take you to design one of those DLC's with the editor, provided you had the skills, which I don't. The main game brings lots of content and it's also on sale for half-price. There are mods coming nearly every week. I missed the sale, but this game is worth the money, as is the dlc. And I am a cheapskate!
lparkh

Post by lparkh »

I think paying incrementally for content is very fair. It keeps the designers in business for future products ..and pay as you go for what you want.

Return to “Panzer Corps”