Upgrade Medium to Large Space Port

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Sithuk

Upgrade Medium to Large Space Port

Post by Sithuk »

I have been trying to figure out how to upgrade from the medium to a large space port design at my homeworld. I have the "Enhanced Construction Tech" which states no size limits for space ports built at colonies. Why is the upgrade option for a large space port not shown in the Retrofit menu? I notice when I select the colony I can click the "Build new ship or base" icon on the bot left of the screen. A large space port icon appears as one of the little icon options but it is grayed out. When I hover it tells me the design name with: "Space Port already at colony" at the end.

How do I upgrade my medium space port to a large space port?

I am playing RoTS. Latest beta patch.

Thanks
Litjan

RE: Upgrade Medium to Large Space Port

Post by Litjan »

Select medium space port. Right-click it. Menu should pop up "refit", subselection of available designs. One of them is usually LSP (large space port)
Liquid5n0w

Post by Liquid5n0w »

The list from the ships and bases UI doesn't include other sized bases, you have to use the r-click method above. Just select the base from that UI then click go to unit, then do it from there.
Sithuk

Post by Sithuk »

Thank you, I've found the upgrade/retrofit through the right mouse click on the actual station in the main viewscreen. Why is this not available from the retrofit drop down in the Ships/Bases screen? Seems a logical place to have it?
solops

Post by solops »

ORIGINAL: Sithuk

Thank you, I've found the upgrade/retrofit through the right mouse click on the actual station in the main viewscreen. Why is this not available from the retrofit drop down in the Ships/Bases screen? Seems a logical place to have it?

You are right. I asked for this when the original game came out. The UI is a bit inconvenient in several places with regard to upgrades and construction.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
StarWolf

Post by StarWolf »

Thread necromancy FTW.
Why is this not available from the retrofit drop down in the Ships/Bases screen? Seems a logical place to have it?

I spent a lot of time going though he exact same steps and frustrations as the OP above trying to figure out how to do this. Apparently in Legends you still cannot upgrade starports through the normal refit menu on the ships/bases screen and still have to right click directly on the station in the main window. When there are a swarm of ships over the starport, that can rapidly become an exercise in frustration.

Is there any chance that this might be included in a future Legends update?
AliC

Post by AliC »

Thank you for this - I was looking for this info.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”