Reattaching issues

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

rmielech

Reattaching issues

Post by rmielech »

If I give a unit a direct order, it becomes detached, and I can reattach it to the main HQ by giving the HQ an order. How can I reattach it without doing this? If I click on the reattach button, the button disappears and nothing seems to happen. If I click on the unit, click reattach, and then click on its original HQ, again nothing. I don't get the dark blue line signifying that particular unit is now attached to that HQ.
Arjuna

RE: Reattaching issues

Post by Arjuna »

When you hit the reattach button it shoulkd place the unit under command of its organic superForce. It may or may not force the superForce to replan. If it's doing an attack, and the unit does not represent a significant portion of its force then the superForce may continue with its order and place the unit on hold. When the superForce next repolans it will include the unit.

Now as to the command line, these may vary depending on the type of force structure you are viewing. There are three available and set from the display tool bar - ie organic, player plan, current. If the unit has been placed on hold, then you may not see a command line drawn between it and the superForce.

Another factor to consider is the orders delay. It may take some time for the orders to be processed and the command lines may not get updated till the orders are processed.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
rmielech

Post by rmielech »

So just clicking on reattach by itself gets the job done? I don't have to click on the original HQ also?
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

No. Just select the unit and hit the reattach button.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

BTW If you had selected the boss last before hitting the reattach button, then it will apply the command to the boss not the intended unit. In other words it applies to whatever is selected.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
rmielech

Post by rmielech »

Gotcha. Thanks a lot.

Return to “Command Ops Series”