planet list

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

RedArgo

planet list

Post by RedArgo »

Is there a way to see all the planets/moons you've explored so you can decide with colonization tech to pursue in the future? I see in the expansion screen you can see a lot, but I'm not sure if that is all of the explored planets.

Thanks.
Gelatinous Cube

RE: planet list

Post by Gelatinous Cube »

Expansion Planner will only show you the planets you can currently colonize, if you're just looking at colonies.

The only fool-proof method I've found to look for viable colonies that you can't colonize YET is to look under potential resources. This allows you to pick planets that have lots of natural resources, and should show any planet you've explored that has resources, regardless of whether or not you can colonize it.
Malevolence

Post by Malevolence »

sorry, no. not currently able to do that as far as I know. there are other threads about improving exploration control, but I think given the current plate of fixes and updates it's in the "reevaluate later" list.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

As Gelatinous Cube said. Look under 'resources by galactic priority' in the expansion planner and sort by quality. The only colonisable planets you might miss are ones with no resources, if these exist.
RedArgo

Post by RedArgo »

That's what I'll do. Someday they should just add an option for show all planets or show all planets that will be habitable in 1 or 2 advances.

Thanks
Dab42

Post by Dab42 »

Don't forget to also look on the screen which shows your current mining locations.
Sithuk

Post by Sithuk »

What screen is like the colony expansion screen for resources?

The only screen I am aware of is the one that is brought up by hitting the g key. It is tedious to manually click through all the yellow highlighted worlds/asteroids to find high quality mining targets. The selected resource drop down menu forgets the resource I want to search to as well so when I bring it back up to look at another mining target, the menu has defaulted back to Aculon.

Erik: Please consider altering the resource search drop down menu in the galaxy screen to "remember" the previous resource choice.
ORIGINAL: Dab42

Don't forget to also look on the screen which shows your current mining locations.
Dab42

Post by Dab42 »

ORIGINAL: Sithuk

What screen is like the colony expansion screen for resources?

The only screen I am aware of is the one that is brought up by hitting the g key. It is tedious to manually click through all the yellow highlighted worlds/asteroids to find high quality mining targets. The selected resource drop down menu forgets the resource I want to search to as well so when I bring it back up to look at another mining target, the menu has defaulted back to Aculon.

Erik: Please consider altering the resource search drop down menu in the galaxy screen to "remember" the previous resource choice.
ORIGINAL: Dab42

The 4th choice in the pulldown box on the expansion planner is 'current mining locations'.

Potential colonies
Resources by empire priority
Resources by galactic priority
Current mining locations

To plan what colonization tech to research next, you would want to look at both of the last 2 entries - keeping in mind that planets with other players mining stations don't show up in either list, if a ship of yours has visited the system after their station was built. (As far as I can tell, that's how it works.)

I also agree that the list should remember your last choice when searching for specific resources.
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

Also be careful if you have constructors on automatic. A planet which you are building (as opposed to sending a ship to build) a mine at will not show in either of the last two lists.

Resourceless planets will never show in either.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

We have a lot of these points on our to-do list for future improvements. I'd especially like to give the player a way to see potential future colonies and I hope we'll be able to add that to the Expansion Planner at least in the second update.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”