Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas comes early for strategy gamers!

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Erik Rutins

RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas comes early for strategy gamers!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Ok, for example Close Combat: Cross of Iron has a sale price of $26.99 for the Download and that's what I'm seeing in the store. What price do you see?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
pcgamer1971

RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas comes early for strategy gamers!

Post by pcgamer1971 »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Ok, for example Close Combat: Cross of Iron has a sale price of $26.99 for the Download and that's what I'm seeing in the store. What price do you see?

Regards,

- Erik

Got it, cleared cache and history, correct prices showing up now, thanks.
innerlander

Post by innerlander »

Hi,
Maybe I'm dumb, but how do you operate this Christmas Sale discount.
Example:
War in the East - which I do want.
On its Matrix page: Download: $59.99
Boxed: $70.99
In the Discounts: $53.99 - down from $79.99!!!

If I pay $53.99 - What do I get? Download or Boxed?
Please help me as I wish to purchase War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition as well - but, same problem!
A happy Christmas to all gamers.
innerlander
The Next Game will do it...or the next...or the next after that!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hello innerlander,

The sale price is always based on the download price, so when you see the price listed on the first page of this thread, that is the download price. The physical price is always $10 more than the download price, so the physical sale price should be $10 more than the discounted download price as well.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Oliver Heindorf

Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas comes early for strategy gamers!

Post by Oliver Heindorf »

I put some Info of it on a german news portal if it's OK.

http://www.gamersglobal.de/news/45980/p ... 6-dezember
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

No problem at all - please do!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

For some reason all the prices in the store show up as EUR for me even though I am in the U.S. Then when I pick the download version, the cart shows up with the price higher than indicated in this post. For example, "Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge, in the product page it's showing me 32.99EUR and 40.99EUR for boxed.

Edit: Never mind, it's coming up with the right price according to the spreadsheet in first post. The EUR thing just threw me off.
LynnMc

Post by LynnMc »

Having problems.  First, some prices are coming up okay and other aren't.  Here is what is showing in my "cart"
[font=arial]John Tillers Campaign Series Physical with Free download:  $33.99 (that should be correct)[/font]
[font=arial]Panzer Corps: Wehrmacht Physical with Free: $29.99 (that should be correct)[/font]
[font=arial]Panzer Corps Grand Campaign 40 Physical with Free Download: $14.99 (shouldn't that be $11.99)[/font]
[font=arial]Panzer Corps Grand Campaign 39 Physical with Free Download: $14.99 (shouldn't that be $11.99)[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]Been getting "[/font][font=tahoma]Temporary Down for Maintenance" for over a day.  Sure hope the Panzer Corps special doesn't end before "maintenance" is complete.[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
LynnMc

Post by LynnMc »

Well, after searching and searching the forum I was able to get my [font=arial]"[/font][font=tahoma]Temporary Down for Maintenance" question answered.  Guess I'll just phone in my order and see if the price issue gets settled.  Thanks for listening.[/font]
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The price for the Panzer Corps Campaigns boxed editions is $14.99 so its all correct.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
oz_boater

Post by oz_boater »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

David this is completely outside our control. We only specify prices in $ and then the currency conversion happens. The currency conversion is out of our control and in the payment processing systems between Plimus & your credit card provider. I understand your frustration but it is an international money tranfer issue and not something we have any control over. You could try taking it up with your local bak/cerdit card omcpany but I can pretty much guarantee they wont listen.

One saving grace is that you can now choose to pay in US dollars and take care of the conversion yourself. Now most credit cards in Oz charge a premium (2% or so) for non-Ozzie dollar transactions but there is at least one Mastercard provider I know of that does not, and has no annual fee.

I use that for all overseas transactions.

I am not sure if the posting rules allow mention of other companies here, so you can google around and find it.

In case they do allow such posts its a "28 degrees mastercard" (mods, please remove this line if inappropriate). Its from GE Money which which charges like a wounded bull if you are a day late with payment, but if you pay it off in full every time then its a great way of dealing with overseas purchases from Australia.

I have no involvement with them other than I read and article in the paper, looked into it, and got one.

Resolves all these conversion issues (its a Mastercard so the actual conversion rate is the bank-to-bank settlement rate), makes purchases from people like Matrix much less frustrating and has been well worthwhile so far.

Regards

Richard Simpson
Technical Officer, Sydney
Australian Battle Group
www.ausbg.org/sydney
Richard Simpson
Australian Battle Group
www.ausbg.org
Sydney, Australia
kentcol

Post by kentcol »

Eagle Day Bombing the Reich is showing $33.99 in the cart instead of $16 sale price.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Kent,

I think you may have read the wrong column in the first post. $33.99 is the sale price, which is $16 off the normal price of $49.99.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
kentcol

Post by kentcol »

Duh! Sorry, Eric. My bad. Happy Holidays!:)
SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Just posting a note up to say that the sale has concluded.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

Thanks for the sale, Matrix and Slitherine! I picked up a few titles. As usual. Merry Holidays and thanks for the sale.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”