ROTS construction ships?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

themetalcrow

ROTS construction ships?

Post by themetalcrow »

if these are on automate is there anyway to tell them where to build?

it seems that when they are on automate they get auto queud? what's there priority when autoed? is it based on race or distance or they auto to build stations on certain resources first?

i find that if i want them to bother with what i que up on the potential mining locations screen i have to make them manual.

is there a way to let them auto but be able to have them build at a certain location when i find it then go auto?

basically i want to let them do there thing but at certain points maybe give them a mission that overrides the auto but where they go back to auto when the mission(s) i gave them is completed.

is that possible or do i have to pick one? do i need to use the expansion planner for just temporary overrides or what?

love this game otherwise, i just can't figure out these ships and how they are autoed and can be used

can someone explain them to me please?

garrett
2ndACR

RE: ROTS construction ships?

Post by 2ndACR »

I always have 2 construction ships on manual. Those are my "build it here and now" ships. Plus they are my repair vessels when one of my ships gets clobbered and needs to be fixed. I hate tripping over a rare resource and watch some other empire swoop in and grab it before my AI gets around to building a mine there.

Other than the above, I let the AI build things as needed.
Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

You must difference at the Automated.
1. The AI build things they like to get build mosttimes Mining, research and repair.
2. You want that they want to get build, that are the thing at the Queue list. First comes first get build.    The Queue entry goes to the constr. which is closest at moment.

My suggestion, special at the beginning let the 2 const. ship at automated, let the AI build Mining station you need them.  Build at last 1 more constr. ship and control it self, build with them Research and Resort bases at your own
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Gelatinous Cube »

Do not neglect the expansion planner. It's not just for colonies! By selecting resources instead of planets, and selecting the resource you want, you can get a list of potential mining spots. By clicking "queue nearest construction ship to build a mine here" you are telling the nearest constructor to finish what they are doing, then build that mine. If the constructor is automated, it will continue going about its business after the mine is built.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”