Question (no Michaelm please)

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

aoffen

RE: Question (no Michaelm please)

Post by aoffen »

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

No offence meant to aoffen, but I'd like some people who've had a good deal of contact with him to vouch for him first. Weren't there a couple of Australians in the development team? They might be good candidates as well (if they are willing of course).
Fair enough. Rob Carpenter (jrcar) knows me. Just trying to help.
Rgds
Andrew
rader

Post by rader »

No offence meant to aoffen, but I'd like some people who've had a good deal of contact with him to vouch for him first. Weren't there a couple of Australians in the development team? They might be good candidates as well (if they are willing of course).

For the low amount of cash we're talking, I'm personally willing to take the risk. I doubt someone would screw everyone over for a couple hundred bucks. But I've asked Andrew Brown if he is willing (I think he's Australian?). Who else on the dev team is from Australia?

EDIT: just saw aoffen's post. Smeulder's, would you feel comfortable with him if jcar provides a reference?
jrcar

Post by jrcar »

Gents, I'm happy to facilitate this, I use paypal all the time, I'm in Australia (1 hr north of Melbourne) and I was one of the BETA Testers. Please confirm you are generally happy with this approach. I can also take VISA mastercard through my business, but will need to charge 2% extra to cover costs.

JWE cheques just don't work internationally, costs $20 to have an Australian bank generate a check in US$ for a US bank (and sometimes the US bank will not accept)... even when transferring electronically (which I do frequently in my model train business). Even in Australia I wrote 1 check in the last year for my business, about 2 the year before. Haven't had a a personal cheque account for over 5 years.

Cheers

Rob
AE BETA Breaker
rader

Post by rader »

ORIGINAL: jrcar

Gents, I'm happy to facilitate this, I use paypal all the time, I'm in Australia (1 hr north of Melbourne) and I was one of the BETA Testers. Please confirm you are generally happy with this approach. I can also take VISA mastercard through my business, but will need to charge 2% extra to cover costs.

JWE cheques just don't work internationally, costs $20 to have an Australian bank generate a check in US$ for a US bank (and sometimes the US bank will not accept)... even when transferring electronically (which I do frequently in my model train business). Even in Australia I wrote 1 check in the last year for my business, about 2 the year before. Haven't had a a personal cheque account for over 5 years.

Cheers

Rob

This sounds great to me, thanks so much Rob! (Sorry if I'm posting too much guys, I'm not trying to run this, just trying to see it through)
JWE

Post by JWE »

Obviously all you all want to do is talk. Ok then, figure it amongst yourselves (that will be the day).

Meanwhile, it's happening as described. I have pms from the US, UK, France, Italy, Croatia, Sweden, Finland, Brasil, So.Africa, Aus, NZ, oops and just now Belgium, so far, looking for a place to send a check. I gave them my name and address (sorry Bill). One can either contribute or not.

[ed] and please don't play 12 year-old games. If I get a check for Wiemar D-Marks, I "will" send the police to your door with a complaint for electronic financial fraud. Have a nice day. [:)]
aoffen

Post by aoffen »

Ok Rob, your it!!! (well as far as I am concerned anyway)
Will you accept payment in Wemar republic D-Marks?
rader

Post by rader »

Alright, looks like he'll just get 2 bottles then - one from the payapl people, and one from the cheque people [:'(]
aoffen

Post by aoffen »

JWE

On a serious non abusive note. If you can get a US bank to accept foreign currency cheques can you let me know. I honestly believe that it won't so would love to know if that assumption is wrong. If they are sending you US$ cheques that's one thing, but if your bank will accept Euros, Pounds, Kroner, A$, NZ$, SA Rand, etc. etc I am genuinely impressed and it's actually (believe it or not) quite big news for us non US types who buy stuff there sometimes.

You know what they say about assumptions - to assume is to make an ass of you and me.

Regards
Andrew
Smeulders

Post by Smeulders »

ORIGINAL: aoffen

Fair enough. Rob Carpenter (jrcar) knows me. Just trying to help.
Rgds
Andrew

jrcar would have served perfectly as a reference and I'm OK with him doing it as well (in this case you're serving as the reference).
The AE-Wiki, help fill it out
aoffen

Post by aoffen »

ORIGINAL: JWE
[ed] and please don't play 12 year-old games. If I get a check for Wiemar D-Marks, I "will" send the police to your door with a complaint for electronic financial fraud. Have a nice day. [:)]

Mate relax, it was a joke to Rob who I know quite well. Sorry if I upset you. I don't understand the hostility. Apologies if it is something I have triggered. Anyway I am serious about the cheque question. Will your bank really accept foreign country cheques in their currency?

Regards
Andrew
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: jrcar

Cheers

Rob

jcar, you are Rob from WeBoB, I assume? [8D] That'd be enough for me, we have known each other 10 years as members then (tho I haven't been active for a while there). [8D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Bliztk

Post by Bliztk »

I`m on it.

I would setup the Paypal/Bank account and give the two options, IBAN nº via private or Paypal account. Sending the checks on foreign currencies I think it`s counter productive. The commision for exchanging the cheque from EUR o USD to Australian dolars would eat the cheque.

I do not how the banks work in Australia, but normally the commision here is 0,1% or 5€, whatever is greater. So with a cheque of 10€, 5 would go for the bank
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Bliztk

I do not how the banks work in Australia, but normally the commision here is 0,1% or 5€, whatever is greater. So with a cheque of 10€, 5 would go for the bank
If they can, they'll screw you! (More than anywhere else.) Banks in my country have had no problem fleecing the Ozzie public.

It's at least $20 for an International Money Draft (cheque).
http://www.suncorpbank.com.au/personal/ ... nge/drafts
$30 for telgraphic
http://www.suncorpbank.com.au/personal/ ... -transfers
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

ORIGINAL: n01487477
ORIGINAL: Bliztk

If they can, they'll screw you! (More than anywhere else.) Banks in my country have had no problem fleecing the Ozzie public.

It's at least $20 for an International Money Draft (cheque).

In Soviet Russia banks are robbed by you... In Capitalist USA banks rob you [8D]
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
jrcar

Post by jrcar »

Hi Sardaukar, yes the same one :) Small gaming world! Have the latest Combat Mission but lack time to play much :(

Yes there is a reason Australian banks are very profitable, and have the highest credit ratings... they don't do anything for nothing...

Thanks for the several PM's I have so far, we probably already have enough for a bottle, I know I owe Michael!

So send money to my PayPal jrcar @ iinet dot net dot au as a "Gift" in Australian Dollars please. Money received by 12 December will be used. After the cut off I will return the funds.

Cheers

Rob
AE BETA Breaker
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

double post
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

[edit]sorry meant to do as PM
pws1225

Post by pws1225 »

I hope you guys realize you are dragging me kicking and scratching into the 21st century. A PayPal account, indeed! I hope my family doesn't find out.

The old curmudgeon,
Paul
Miller

Post by Miller »

ORIGINAL: JWE

Obviously all you all want to do is talk. Ok then, figure it amongst yourselves (that will be the day).

Meanwhile, it's happening as described. I have pms from the US, UK, France, Italy, Croatia, Sweden, Finland, Brasil, So.Africa, Aus, NZ, oops and just now Belgium, so far, looking for a place to send a check. I gave them my name and address (sorry Bill). One can either contribute or not.

JWE, your post no 62 in reply to Rader is a f***ing embarrassment. To suggest that he is wanting to pay with paypal as some sort of point scoring or avoiding payment is pathetic. I suggest you delete that post now to save yourself from any further embarrassment.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”