Old Dog defends the Motherden. Sillyflower(R) v Rekm41 (G). Rekm welcome for now

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

sillyflower

Old Dog defends the Motherden. Sillyflower(R) v Rekm41 (G). Rekm welcome for now

Post by sillyflower »

GC41 historical weather.
Win condition: Taking Berlin before historical date. Obviously no point in having victory conditions for Nazis. Max 2 air attacks on any airbase after T1.

Been a while since I last played Soviet. Rekm has been invited into AAR: for now at least[:D]

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Rekm41

RE: Old Dog defends the Motherden. Sillyflower(R) v Rekm45 (G). Rekm welcome for now

Post by Rekm41 »

Good luck. Will not look in here again. :))) rekm41 same as rekm45 Matrix vs Slitherine.
Keep Moving and Keep your Head DOWN!!
sillyflower

RE: Old Dog defends the Motherden. Sillyflower(R) v Rekm45 (G). Rekm welcome for now

Post by sillyflower »

My strategy is simple - to hold the Dugava/Dnepr river line from Riga to kiev, then a line heading South to Odessa.

Given my massive superiority in men and fighting machines this is potentially overcautious, but we have fully learned the lessons of the last 2 years so this seems sensible.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Early Report from Stavka

There are reports coming in of fighting on our Western border, but we expect these unprovoked attacks to be repulsed with ease. Once they have been, I will issue orders for our armaments industries in Western Russia to be transported east. This is purely to bring them close to, and therefore better able to support, our forces in the far East who must remain ever-vigilant against against the imperialist ambitions of the decadent Japanese.

We have also been hearing reports of strangely-dressed Americans appearing in many German HQs. They wear red pointed leaves on their collars which is no doubt why they are called 'rednecks'. Obviously, a symbol no self-respecting soldier would wear so we believe they must be park rangers of some sort. One report suggests they are interesting in learning how the German army deals with French so-called 'partisans' though one American was heard to refer to them as 'French separatists'. Presumably this person comes from Louisiana State Park.

We have also been informed of a peculiar incident at the HQ of the fascist 167th ID. Apparently the divisional band welcomed their American visitors by playing their national anthem 'Stars and Stripes'. The park rangers are said to have burst into tears and begged them to stop. These are clearly very strange even by American standards.

We will fight a national war for Mother Russia. For this reason we have appointed Sillyflower as Defence Secretary will full powers. She will be Holy Russia's own Joan of Arc and will suffer the same fate if she loses.

STALIN
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Captured German 'map'

Attachments
R1n.jpg
R1n.jpg (939.73 KiB) Viewed 53 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

And another one

Attachments
R1s.jpg
R1s.jpg (1019.66 KiB) Viewed 53 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Stavka Sitrep 22/6/41

These 'maps' are crude fakes, and show delusional levels of wishful thinking. Feldmarshall von Rekm is clearly mad to allow such objects to be circulated. The truth will soon emerge and he will be shot.

The real facts are that Soviet forces are holding out all along the border, with enemy penetrations limited to 10-12 miles at most. It is clearly safe to start moving out the factories later this week, as per plan outlined above, as our western armies already have all that they need.

To fool the Nazis into thinking they have fooled us, we will treat this like the surreal kriegspiel von R clearly thinks he is playing. Top map is just after a very small no. of moves: narrowly missing cutting of his spearheads on both sides. this approach is called by some the meta-kreigspiel.

In the south all his spearheads were cut off so they will be imobilised for at least a week without any fuel whatsoever. It is well known that Western armies never carry any fuel with them but rely on exploited workers to carry more forward on foot periodically in what they call 'supply phase 1'

In the north Defence Minister Sillyflower ordered the successful evacuation of many Soviet units from the port of Ventspils. This is a ruse and they lurk on their ships just over the horizon near Danzig waiting to land behind enemy lines.

End of briefing xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Editor's note The true positions of Soviet forces are not show here as we know the American park rangers (again see above) will read this document ( and we are happy that they do)
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

No pics for T2. Rekm was cautious in the south ( understandably) but less so in the centre and north with many Pz/mot divs cut off.
web exchange

Return to “After Action Reports”