Decisive Campaigns is awesome

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

sandman2575

Decisive Campaigns is awesome

Post by sandman2575 »

Nothing profound here. I just really want to thank Victor and his colleagues for producing an *excellent* game in Decisive Campaigns - Warsaw to Paris. I bought it when it first came out, and kind of let it go for a long while after. I've recently started playing seriously again, and I am hooked in a way I have not been on a wargame in a very very long time. It's challenging without being overwhelming, just a marvelously inventive, carefully thought-out game from start to finish. It's also one of the best looking chit-shuffler/hex-based wargames I've ever played -- kudos for putting so much artistry and care into the visual presentation (it actually does make a difference).

I feel like I've played dozens of computer wargames where, playing as Germany, you just roll over Poland without even having to think about it. Decisive Campaigns really adds drama to this first great European operation of WW2 in a way I've never experienced. Yes Germany has heavy advantages, but where Victor and co. have succeeded brilliantly here is in creating a game where, even as the heavy favorites, if you don't husband your forces correctly, exploit weaknesses and openings properly, leverage your assets to best advantage, and have a clear idea of how you are going to complete your objectives, you can botch the whole thing!

Anyway, this game is a pure pleasure. People who are on the fence about buying it should just lay their skepticism aside, and buy it now especially during the Holiday Matrix sale. I'm looking forward to the further evolution of the game -- the expansion will be a first-day buy for me.

So, thanks!
olivier34

RE: Decisive Campaigns is awesome

Post by olivier34 »

+1 I share all of this !
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

yes i support sandmans statement and i can say the same about Advanced Tactics Gold.
i hate to be one, but actually those games made me something like a VR Designs fanboy.

LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Which do you play more of. ATG or DC?
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

I LOVE DC to and think Sandmans comments are spot on about Poland not being a walk over. I look forward to seeing many more games in this series.
A Sharif
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

I play more ATG. i love pbem and atg has tons of interesting scenarios for endless multiplayer fun. DC was great in pbem too. after beating the ai i had to realize that a capable human player is a much tougher nut to crack.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: Alan Sharif

I LOVE DC to and think Sandmans comments are spot on about Poland not being a walk over. I look forward to seeing many more games in this series.

I beat Poland easier in AT. DC is much tougher for me beating Poland.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”