MCS UPDATE Poll

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Jason Petho

MCS UPDATE Poll

Post by Jason Petho »

What UPDATE are you using?

Jason Petho
MrRoadrunner

RE: MCS UPDATE Poll

Post by MrRoadrunner »

Thought I'd bump this up so that the poll result could still be seen.

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

I have 3 version install so how does that count?
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

More important that the poll results is the actual number of respondents. You can't earn a profit with just 27 players.
Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

So reverting back to a version that two people want is a move forward?

Right! [;)]

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

When 1.05 comes out i will have 4 installs big whoop. I just love playing and seeing what i can do with the old girl
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

ORIGINAL: Deputy

More important that the poll results is the actual number of respondents. You can't earn a profit with just 27 players.

You realize that players responding to a JTCS poll on a Matrix forum are only a sub-set of the total world-wide number of players who have purchased and play JTCS? [&:]

Perhaps most JTCS players would rather play the game than post to forums? [&:]

Why would Matrix Games be concerned about a patch version response rate... of players who already have purchased JTCS? Matrix already has their money? I would think that Matrix would be more attentive to the world-wide sales numbers of NEW JTCS purchases? [&:]
Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

if people were devious enough they could create bogus email accounts and reregister under those accounts and skew the numbers. Just a thought
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

ORIGINAL: barker
if people were devious enough they could create bogus email accounts and reregister under those accounts and skew the numbers. Just a thought

So you did not vote for a reversion back to version 1.02?

You do know that your account or accounts can be traced back to the IP address?

Or, is it the poll did not work out your way and you change the parameters of the discussion ... again? [>:]

RR
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

the poll states what version do you use not a reversion to a upgrade
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

What UPDATE are you using?

Jason Petho
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

Your point is ... ???

Or, is this another diversion? [:D]

RR
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

it is not about reverting to an update it is about what update are you using....der
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

Or, is it the poll did not work out your way and you change the parameters of the discussion ... again?

RR

you did not read the header of the poll this is not a reversion

moving my comments to the gripe thread you?
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
Ashcloud

Post by Ashcloud »

Hi Deputy,

I would like to invite you to play PBEM games, please consider it. You will find a vast chasm between what you thought the game entails and what it is actually capable of when you play against another human. The AI is really weak and can easily be beaten and manipulated, it is not capable of setting a real ambush, or running rampant behind your lines because your security is lacking. The AI does not suffer from over-confidence or a lack of confidence, it cannot judge your character or morale. I find it almost impossible to believe that anyone can own and play this game with the obvious dedication you have and not play against other people.

Please give it a thought, put opinions and ego aside and think what you would enjoy most - a real challenge that never stops and that builds relationships or playing a weak robot.

Regards,
Ashley
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

ORIGINAL: mwest

You realize that players responding to a JTCS poll on a Matrix forum are only a sub-set of the total world-wide number of players who have purchased and play JTCS? [&:]

Perhaps most JTCS players would rather play the game than post to forums? [&:]

Why would Matrix Games be concerned about a patch version response rate... of players who already have purchased JTCS? Matrix already has their money? I would think that Matrix would be more attentive to the world-wide sales numbers of NEW JTCS purchases? [&:]

I realize that that's the common excuse when we mention the total numbers voted. So where is this Matrix underground that you guys keep insisting exists? Is it part of that "vast right wing conspiracy" that is also talked about among fantasy buffs?

So what you are saying is why would Matrix be concerned about customer support? I think that is on the tombstone of every game company that went belly-up.
Squad Battles
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

WOW! Hadn't thought about that!!! Good point! And I don't doubt that situation exists.
Squad Battles
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

Or, is it the poll did not work out your way and you change the parameters of the discussion ... again? [>:]

RR

ROFLMAO...and you have never heard of IP spoofers? Geez...did you just get online last week?????
Squad Battles
OttoVonBlotto

Post by OttoVonBlotto »

I realize that that's the common excuse when we mention the total numbers voted. So where is this Matrix underground that you guys keep insisting exists? Is it part of that "vast right wing conspiracy" that is also talked about among fantasy buffs?

over 160 at the blitz club, true a few may be on the old talonsoft versions but the ones on matrix CS will be on 1.04
"Personal isn't the same as important"
Deputy

Post by Deputy »

ORIGINAL: Ashcloud

Hi Deputy,

I would like to invite you to play PBEM games, please consider it. You will find a vast chasm between what you thought the game entails and what it is actually capable of when you play against another human. The AI is really weak and can easily be beaten and manipulated, it is not capable of setting a real ambush, or running rampant behind your lines because your security is lacking. The AI does not suffer from over-confidence or a lack of confidence, it cannot judge your character or morale. I find it almost impossible to believe that anyone can own and play this game with the obvious dedication you have and not play against other people.

Please give it a thought, put opinions and ego aside and think what you would enjoy most - a real challenge that never stops and that builds relationships or playing a weak robot.

Regards,
Ashley

And I would like to respectfully decine your invitation. I am not in the least bit interested in playing against other players. That's not why I bought the game and not my style of gameplay. I've seen posts on the Blitz about "equalizing" competition so that both sides have "play balance" and get a "fair chance" to win. That is NOT what war is like. Most times there IS NO equality between the two sides. The Allies won the war by overwheling superiority in numbers and material. I play as the Germans to see if I can change that, even though I think that the game is slanted towards Allied victory no matter what (even if you win a campaign as the Germans, you still lose the war).
Squad Battles

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”