Update Schedule Information

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Erik Rutins

Update Schedule Information

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you a quick status update on how things are going behind the scenes. Elliot and I have been reading through all your feedback, organizing and prioritizing it for the coming updates. The first update will be focused on bug fixes and other issues, including balance tweaks. We expect to have another public beta update available tomorrow, and another one on Friday, with the official first update early next week. That should allow us to address the majority of reported issues very soon after release.

The second update will take a bit longer, provided we don't find that we've missed an important issue or bug with the first one. I'd still expect that by the end of the year and that will include some additional improvements to the game in various areas as well as another batch of minor fixes and tweaks.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
tjhkkr

RE: Update Schedule Information

Post by tjhkkr »

Well, I have been thoroughly impressed; I have watched Erik and Elliot answer a lot of questions; and it sounds like you guys tested a lot of things before it got to us, a lot of differend scenarios...

Good product with extraordinary customer support![:)]
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

Thanks for the update! Very quick turnaround time.
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

Can we expect a bigger modding possibility - don't mind the guide - with the second update? I would really wish to assign gender pictures to jobs or at least a general picture to a job class.

Still I look forward to the first official patch and will download it of course. I hadn't any of those nasty luxury bugs yet, but some have them and it is good to get rid of it. Neither of the others. Strange... maybe the xenophobic demeanor of my conglomerate leader keeps the bugs away. Kill at sight!
One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

Can we please have that 'win' button for the second up date. Pretty please.

Everybody is asking for it.
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

Seriously, good work guys. Looking forward to much more enjoyment of this little gem.
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Gelatinous Cube »

As always, there just aren't words to express how much I wish other game companies were this easy-going and productive at the same time.
jezwhywhy

Post by jezwhywhy »

Christ can u guys do nothing right is this game Sword of the Stars II (LOL JOKE)   No seriously I love you guys [&o]
---;@
J HG T

Post by J HG T »

Sounds good. Legends have definetly been more stable (not a single crash for me yet, which I like very much in any game), performance is better and I haven't run into really serious bugs apart from the odd Kiadian victory condition thingy.

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
HectorOfTroy

Post by HectorOfTroy »

Thanks guys for your hard work, I'm still loving the game [:'(]
Eystein_hansen

Post by Eystein_hansen »

goodwork guys :)
Caesar_Augustus

Post by Caesar_Augustus »

Goodness gracious me... I am truly awed... [;)] [&o]
Data

Post by Data »

Man, do you guys ever stop? I ask it for your own sake....not ours [:D]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

No.....slop on the praise!!!!!!!!!!!! [:D]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Mysterius

Post by Mysterius »

Thank you Erik & Elliot [:)]
"Bigamy is when you have two wives, monotony is when you only have one." - Pierre Desproges
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

Another update on this. We're planning to do one more public beta update (1.7.0.5) before the first official update, which we still expect to release this week. The number of issues that came up over the weekend, especially with ships and fleets, convinced us that we needed a bit more work before we could make the first update official.

The second update is still planned for release by the end of this year and will include some improvements in several areas as well as continued fixes for reported bugs and balance tweaks.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
J HG T

Post by J HG T »

Sounds good.
The only real problem I currently have with the Legends is still the quality of AIs ship designs and overall amount of combat ships that AI empires put out. In my current game many AI empires could match my technologically superior battlefleets by purely massing more ships in their fleets. Playing on hard BTW.
TBH capturing neighbouring Slukens homeworld early in the game gave me an edge over my rivals. 

I'm personally willing to sacrifice some RPing diffrences so that AI empires get proper, effective ship designs. Woodmans suggested powerplay mode would be sweet indeed.
Anyways, looking forward to more patches.

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

Erik can you made an quick Overview for the planned improvments ?

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I'll do that once we finish the first update.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Texashawk

Post by Texashawk »

Eric,

End of the year? Only one more update? I'm very disappointed in Matrix and CodeForce. Why, your direct competition (SOTSII) gets a new patch every other day!!

[;)]

Steve
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

Another update on this. We're planning to do one more public beta update (1.7.0.5) before the first official update, which we still expect to release this week. The number of issues that came up over the weekend, especially with ships and fleets, convinced us that we needed a bit more work before we could make the first update official.

The second update is still planned for release by the end of this year and will include some improvements in several areas as well as continued fixes for reported bugs and balance tweaks.

Regards,

- Erik
Lifetime "You Magnificent Bastard!" callouts: 5
Lifetime slaps across the face by a female: 2
Lifetime games that hold my attention longer than a month: 3

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”