256 color.......?

John Tiller's Battleground Series is a Hall of Fame lineup of games covering the Civil War and Napoleonic Wars. We've compiled these classic games into two new affordable collections, incorporating updated versions of these legendary titles. Incredible historical gameplay and great value!
Sarge

256 color.......?

Post by Sarge »

Is there any way to get the game to read 24 bit color maps, I have a hard time looking at the chartreuse fishing lure colors .
Everything works in 24 bit but the maps,why is that ………..?

Any work arounds that have been found over the years that someone could get the maps into 24 bit colors
Sarge

RE: 256 color.......?

Post by Sarge »

Guess not, fun game to bad its running 256 color maps that make my eyes bleed.
TR

Post by TR »

Late response on this, but I'd like to know that as well. I thought at one time someone came out with a 32 bit correction and I thought that was applied to the Matrix release. Not really sure, though.
Andy Moss

Post by Andy Moss »

Yes. The Matrix games are 32 bit.
TR

Post by TR »

Thanks
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

ORIGINAL: TR

Late response on this, but I'd like to know that as well. I thought at one time someone came out with a 32 bit correction and I thought that was applied to the Matrix release. Not really sure, though.

I’m taking about the map bitmap’s, they are in 256 color , I’ve tried everything to muzzle load 24 bits in the game and have yet found any solution.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Got it !

That only took about 12 months to figure out, editing the rest of the maps will be a breeze......[8D]

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (167.88 KiB) Viewed 225 times
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

the old map colors.............[&:]

Attachments
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (163.37 KiB) Viewed 224 times
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

I prefer the old ones, but I am beginning to suspect this is my eyesight. I can't see where any units are on the new olive drab version (well after peering closely I can see some at the top) whereas I can see the units with their bases on the old colours.

This is almost my exact beef with the new Combat Mission (if I am allowed to mention that). I simply can't see where my units are.

For what it is worth Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri had a Firaxis produced colour pack to make it easier to see (even though I never really got into that game).

I also expect most regualr players or developers have super high spec systems whereas I only play games on a laptop.

But well done for those who need it as I can understand that if the new ones are good then you probably have to wear sunglasses to use the old ones.

Sarge

Post by Sarge »

[8D] W/24bit units

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (196.17 KiB) Viewed 225 times

Return to “John Tiller's Battleground Series”