AAR - League Matto vs Alex

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate defeats here.
Matto

RE: AAR - League Matto vs Alex

Post by Matto »

So situation on the south is really bad for Prussians ... I destroyed last Prussian heavy cavalry units there and one light artillery battery

I can see many units from the north advancing to help Prussian south ...

Attachments
hnm_masakr.jpg
hnm_masakr.jpg (112.57 KiB) Viewed 388 times
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

jackx

Post by jackx »

Haven't checked in in a long time, glad to see this nice AAR going with what looks to be a very interesting scenario, certainly a beautiful map.

I feel very tempted right now to give it a go, but prudence dictates I shouldn't spend half the day obsessing over my next PBEM move, distracting me from other, more important tasks.
A bit pathetic perhaps, but I am my own worst enemy when it comes to enjoying things I like in small doses, only rarely am I able to pull that off, and right now, I'm already running a delicate balancing act with my limited obligations to a bg2 clan...
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be ... no peace
Matto

Post by Matto »

Actual situation in the center ... Prussian infantry is advancing to left wing of my south infantry

Attachments
hnm_stred.jpg
hnm_stred.jpg (280.06 KiB) Viewed 388 times
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

Matto

Post by Matto »

End of turn 16 ...

Attachments
hnm_turn16.jpg
hnm_turn16.jpg (88.06 KiB) Viewed 388 times

PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Wow very interesting!
Battlegrouns 2? I have join it 2 day ago, this will my second favorite game.
Changes....
jackx

Post by jackx »

Looks like the Prussian Cav is really taking a beating now, and your infantry attack is off to a good start as well. Fighting uphill should let you keep the Prussians under constant bombardment even as your own infantry engages them, possibly opening them up for some assaults without prior fire combat, while avoiding defensive fire from their artillery for the most part.

@PH: I hope you'll enjoy bg2, it's pretty much 2 games in one, fast-paced small-scale skirmishing (with lots of melee combat), and "line battles" with close-order firefights. It's not exactly a historical simulation in either case,but IMHO still lots of fun, and there should be a new version coming out soon, with more gameplay modes, improved ballistics, improved balancing of the various classes etc. - the only drawback is the same as with any multiplayer shooter, how fun it is depends quite a lot on whom you play with.

no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Very interesting battle. The campaign scenarios seams to pass the exams.

@JAck
I know what you mean, the line battles are good only with strict rules and obiedance of the rest players. ORDNUNG MUSS SEIN!
Changes....
Matto

Post by Matto »

ORIGINAL: PrinzHenrich

Very interesting battle. The campaign scenarios seams to pass the exams.

@JAck
I know what you mean, the line battles are good only with strict rules and obiedance of the rest players. ORDNUNG MUSS SEIN!

I think concept is great ... I really enjoy this battle. We are manoeuvring, we had many possibilities for some strategy and sure for tactics too ... great !!!

So new on the south ... Austrian infantry is still attacking the hill and positions behind, where grenadiers destroyed enemy battery (badly damaged by fire before)

Attachments
HnM_grenadyri.jpg
HnM_grenadyri.jpg (244.28 KiB) Viewed 385 times

PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

I wonder what Alex is prepearing against you?
Changes....
Matto

Post by Matto »

His cavalry is advancing on the north, trying attack me from my rear ... and he advanced in the center, but I made small counterattack and now it looks stabilized ... I will make all battlefield screenshot next turn ...

Matto

Post by Matto »

Here are losses at the end of turn ... and I forgot made promised screenshot ... so next turn [8D]

Attachments
HnM_turn19.jpg
HnM_turn19.jpg (86.63 KiB) Viewed 386 times

Matto

Post by Matto »

So after short pause we are continue playing ... here is actual situation. Prussian cavalry probed my defence on the north, I made small counter-attack in the centre and advancing on the south wing ...

Attachments
HnM_situation.jpg
HnM_situation.jpg (211.21 KiB) Viewed 386 times

Matto

Post by Matto »

So we finished turn 20 ...

Attachments
HnM_turn20.jpg
HnM_turn20.jpg (87.13 KiB) Viewed 386 times

alexskufca

Post by alexskufca »

End of Turn 20 going into turn 21.

In the South, where their cavalry was routed, the Prussians have repeatedly thrown back attacks by the Austrians. In the Center the Austrians are slowly overwhelming the few Prussian grenadiers and musketeers, but the Prussian right in the north has begun to move forward toward the city. Meanwhile, the Prussian north cavalry has attempted to swing up onto a hill overlooking the city to the north. But the Austrians have turn to face them. Should be an interesting Cavalry battle there!

Attachments
turn21.jpg
turn21.jpg (72.5 KiB) Viewed 386 times
PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Large battle I see! Wonder who winer will be.
Changes....
jackx

Post by jackx »

Seems that both sides are indeed more than willing to continue and escalate a general engagement, even though they've already sustained considerable casualties.

It'll be interesting to see how that develops, personally, as the Austrians, I'd probably try to disengage if my units aren't entangled too badly and then to sit comfortably on my artillery advantage at this point.
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
Matto

Post by Matto »

I had really unlucky last turn with many lost activations ... but we are playing for fun and not only for victory, so Austrians are continue advancing in the centre, where Prussians looks broken.

On the other side, north is attacked by Prussian cavalry and some infantry brigade is advancing there too ... so we will see !!! [8D]

alexskufca

Post by alexskufca »

Game is getting a little closer statistically. But the Austrians still have artillery and cavalry advantage and are pressing hard in the Prussian center. It looks as if the attack on the southern end of the field has stalled a bit

Attachments
turn22.jpg
turn22.jpg (74.31 KiB) Viewed 386 times
Matto

Post by Matto »

I lost two infantry regiments, when they broke enemy lines, but then were surrounded and captured ...

Prussians stopped my advance against the ridge in the south, where I lost many man trying destroy enemy batteries. In the centre was Prussian attack stopped and Austrian counter attack won the ridge here (see picture)

On the deep south last Prussian squadron was captured and Austrian cavalry will move to north help to main front ...

Attachments
HnM_turn22_centre.jpg
HnM_turn22_centre.jpg (256.3 KiB) Viewed 386 times

alexskufca

Post by alexskufca »

Nothing too exciting this turn

Attachments
matto24.jpg
matto24.jpg (71.46 KiB) Viewed 386 times

Return to “After Action Reports”