Road ??

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here. Post any Community Site Requests here as well.

Moderator: Vic

nicodede62

Road ??

Post by nicodede62 »

Hello,

I am working on a futuristic mod in a random game. But I find myself stuck because when I change this:

I put 10 as the value and this is what I get by generating a map:

I wish I could change the distance of supply by road (250 hexagons by road in vanilla version ), but apparently it makes the generation of map very ugly with lots of roads that intersect [:(].
The only way to get around this problem is to remove the option to route to the generation of the map ("no roads").

Could someone tell me why ?
- Pour l'Empereur -
nicodede62

RE: Road ??

Post by nicodede62 »

An example more meaningful with my mod. Generate a map with 1 for supply cost by road:

And if I put again 10 in value:

[&:][&:][&:][&:][&:]
- Pour l'Empereur -
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi,

2 options

1. try changing values of 473 and 474 in random games rulevar section.

2. keep the ap cost at 1 and use execmovetypemodifier or execchangelandscapemovecost at start of game to change from 1 ap to 10 ap. this way 1 ap is used for map generation and the 10ap will be used in game.

hope this helps.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
nicodede62

Post by nicodede62 »

Hi,
ORIGINAL: Vic

Hi,

2 options

1. try changing values of 473 and 474 in random games rulevar section.

I tried, it does not work, the problem persists.
2. keep the ap cost at 1 and use execmovetypemodifier or execchangelandscapemovecost at start of game to change from 1 ap to 10 ap. this way 1 ap is used for map generation and the 10ap will be used in game.

I tried also with an event, but it does not work.

Actually, I do not get anywhere with the events. I'm really not good with that part of the editor.
I can not even use "execchangelandscapemovecost" because with this event, we can just change a "landscape".
I can not change the value for the "movecost of road" in the event since it has nothing to do with "landscapes".
But thank you for the suggestions, Vic

Can someone help me for this event?
- Pour l'Empereur -
Vic

Post by Vic »

Please provide a full screenshot for me to check everything you could have done wrong. :)

Other option is to use ExecChangeRoad and switch roads to a different type when the game starts.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Advanced Tactics Support”