Panzer Corps 50% off-WOW-

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

SuluSea

Panzer Corps 50% off-WOW-

Post by SuluSea »

I wasn't planning on buying anything this Christmas during the sale but I have had my eye on both Distant Worlds and Panzer Corps.

I appreaciate that the developers put out a demo for PC it shows confidence in the product.

I understand the trepidation on behalf of some developers about not offering a demo because the demo doesn't give the player the full game experience but I'm a believer as a wargamer that the player already is able to grasp that thought while playing .

At any rate 50% off looks like a must buy, thanks Matrix, Slitherine and Lords Studios for putting the customer first!!!
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
elmo3

RE: Panzer Corps 50% off-WOW-

Post by elmo3 »

Yeah I'm shocked to see Pz Corps on the list.  Makes me wish I had waited to buy it.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

So far, this is the only one I am possibly considering from the sale......gonna try the demo for a bit first though.
TheGreatRadish

Post by TheGreatRadish »

Well, at the risk of appearing Scrooge-like, I'm not happy about this at all.  I bought it a few days back at full price [8|]  It's a first-class game, no question, but I didn't imagine for a second it owuld feature in this year's sale [:@].  For those lucky enough still to be waivering over whether to buy, just go get it, you're practically stealing it at that price.
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

ORIGINAL: TheGreatRadish

Well, at the risk of appearing Scrooge-like, I'm not happy about this at all.  I bought it a few days back at full price [8|]  It's a first-class game, no question, but I didn't imagine for a second it owuld feature in this year's sale [:@].  For those lucky enough still to be waivering over whether to buy, just go get it, you're practically stealing it at that price.

Not scrooge like but a natural human reaction. I didn't complain but felt a similar letdown last year with BFTB when I experienced the same thing regarding a sale.
Things have a way of evening out over the course of time. I do have to say after playing the demo and being able to get up to speed in no time this is an enjoyable game and true at 50% off it is like stealing. I'll buy some DLCs to make up for it, great job Lordz Studios and the publishers , many , many , thanks!!![:)][:)][:)]
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
joeblack1862

Post by joeblack1862 »

ORIGINAL: SuluSea
Things have a way of evening out over the course of time. I do have to say after playing the demo and being able to get up to speed in no time this is an enjoyable game and true at 50% off it is like stealing. I'll buy some DLCs to make up for it, great job Lordz Studios and the publishers , many , many , thanks!!![:)][:)][:)]

Thanks for the heads up, downloading the demo now. I have been sat on the fence about this game due to the price and the fact I have so many others I can play.

You are right, when demos are approached in the right manner, they will ussually tell you if the game is something that you will play and therefore worth purchasing. I always play through a couple of times as I have been caught out by demo "wow" factor and also by demo "blugh" factor on first run.

I find reading reviews only, can put me off games as someone will always point to something that is a turn off or major fault in their eyes. I think I get caught up in other peoples likes and dislikes when reading reviews or forum comments.

Also, some games are abused because of bugs and faults, that only exist on the writers PC (or have been patched out, but the writer has not patched). So many times I find myself playing a game that has been written off as bugged, only to find no issues whatsoever (I never purchase day one).

For example, I have FIFA Manager 2011 game. This was given bad comments in reviews and forums and I wasn't even going to bother, but I downloaded the demo and played through a couple of times. I bought it and it is one of my favourite games; I think it is the most fun football managment game out there. Turns out, looking back, the forum writers and review writers dislikes are based on the overhyped love of "Football Manager", a game I dislike (based on my having bought and played unfortunately, life stealing game)....

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Panzer Corps is a really nice game. For that price it's a must buy.
It's a must buy even for the full price.
michael1776

Post by michael1776 »

Panzer Corp is easily one of the best games you will play....ever. It completely recreates the fun of the original Panzer General series, and expands the game to make it a fresh, new, experience. Lately it is the only game that I fire up. I have very little time for war-gaming lately. I consider this game to be money well spent at the full price.

Do yourself a huge favor, and pick it up.

-MJ

Current Games:
Gary Grigsby's War Between the States
Panzer Corps
Battle Academy
Forge of Freedom
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

This sale is great!!! I just downloaded Panzer Corps (something I have had my eye on for awhile) and I likely will buy at least one more game. Considering Eagle Day Bombing the Reich or World War One Gold. Both are games I considered when they were released but given some of the initial issues couldn't justify the price. Heck, I might even get both! Then again I do need to buy a ring shortly so might have to content myself with just one of em.
joeblack1862

Post by joeblack1862 »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Panzer Corps is a really nice game. For that price it's a must buy.
It's a must buy even for the full price.
ORIGINAL: michael1776

Panzer Corp is easily one of the best games you will play....ever. It completely recreates the fun of the original Panzer General series, and expands the game to make it a fresh, new, experience. Lately it is the only game that I fire up. I have very little time for war-gaming lately. I consider this game to be money well spent at the full price.

Do yourself a huge favor, and pick it up.

-MJ

Well, I played the demo, then played it again. I took a look at the editor and that was it.

I just bought the game and both DLCs. It will definitely get played a lot, so I picked it all up at a nice price.

JWW

Post by JWW »

No offense to anyone, but if someone is considering buying a Matrix game in the fall, it would seem logical to wait for the holiday sale to see what is on the list.  I bought three games I've been wanting, but waited until the sale started this year.  This is a typical strategy.  I'll put a couple aside for a while, and eventually get to all of them. I love the Matrix sales.  That is my Black Friday shopping.  Wife can't complain.  She had me ordering some things for her last night around midnight.  It works out great for me.
joeblack1862

Post by joeblack1862 »

ORIGINAL: JW

No offense to anyone, but if someone is considering buying a Matrix game in the fall, it would seem logical to wait for the holiday sale to see what is on the list.  I bought three games I've been wanting, but waited until the sale started this year.  This is a typical strategy.  I'll put a couple aside for a while, and eventually get to all of them. I love the Matrix sales.  That is my Black Friday shopping.  Wife can't complain.  She had me ordering some things for her last night around midnight.  It works out great for me.

You are right mate, I wouldn't have been able to afford Panzercorps and the DLCs at the full price so it has been really great purchase for me.
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

ORIGINAL: Joe Black

ORIGINAL: JW

You are right mate, I wouldn't have been able to afford Panzercorps and the DLCs at the full price so it has been really great purchase for me.

I love the DLC's downloads price... so affordable!!!
Mobeer

Post by Mobeer »

The "Buy Now" page says in relation to the downloadable content:
Click the check box(es) above to add them to your cart. Only $4.99 each!

Yet each is priced at £4.79 (including tax) = $7.46
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

They are set to be $4.99 in our system which is just under £4 so with tax thats probably right. What is your question exactly? All our prices are tax free as tax is different for every country so we can't add it until we know where you are. Some places pay 0% tax.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
joeblack1862

Post by joeblack1862 »

Got to say this has been a great purchase. I have played through my first campaign and am now moving on to the next [:)]

Going back to the original posters point, this is great value and the bargain of the sale (for me).

I would never have bought this without the demo though and yes, I would have missed out; but I have many games I haven't played and don't intend to play, that I purchased without a demo.... so I accept I will miss some good games, but I know I will also not waste money on a game that is not right for me.

Return to “General Discussion”